Page 1351 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 35185112511301134113491350135113521353136114011451 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,510 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Never did the Kinder dozen, keep thinking about it..

Long road run today, 21.3 miles 6:43 pace.. but watch went crazy but it was at least 21, but at the bridge at the half way point it suddenly said I was running a 7:50 min mile.. despite being 6:40 pace moments before.. http://www.strava.com/activities/129165002

Out and back fairly flat bar the bridge but 25 C.. suddenly gone straight into summer.

It's been warm here too today Iain!
    I'm not the biggest fan of running in the warmer weather. It means I have to get up earlier
    It was my first full Kinder Dozen, and really recommend it, such a great route, I really got to see Kinder in a new way!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

decent week 101 miles, need to get a bit more focussed now, maybe even drop the miles and add more quality.. 50k trail race this weekend then a fast 10 miler in 2 weeks, then the first proper race of the year a 50 mile trail race out in wisconsin.

m: 5.5 on roads. pm: similar 5.5 on roads, 8:30-9 pace for both legs sore from 10 miler
    t: legs too tired for track so am: 6 miles road and trail pm: 7.5 miles road and trail ~ 7:30-8 min miles.
    w: 13.1 mile on roads 6:55 pace, felt hard going..
    t; am: 8.5 miles trail.pm: 5 miles with 3.6 mile effort at 5:50 pace
    f: 21.3 mile road run through philly 6:40 pace, felt great.
    s: am: 9.5 mile trail run. pm: 6.1 mile road run with 3 x 0.8 mile reps at 5;40 pace
    s: am: 8 miles slow on roads pm: 4.1 miles on road 7:30 pace

Impressive watching the marathon updates sunday am, some great runs.. Steve Way, 2:16 and a pb in a marathn which wasn't his goal race, thats the 100k next month.. proper quality finally hitting the ultra's.

Started yesterday morning with 1.5 miles to the Drs, intending to have a decent run up through Endcliffe Park to Redmires or something.
    Ended up having my swollen arm lanced and walking home. Out of action for a week or so! I had an allergic reaction to a bite and it got infected, swelling up and it was painful.
    Long dogs for a wee while then.

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    Started yesterday morning with 1.5 miles to the Drs, intending to have a decent run up through Endcliffe Park to Redmires or something.
    Ended up having my swollen arm lanced and walking home. Out of action for a week or so! I had an allergic reaction to a bite and it got infected, swelling up and it was painful.
    Long dogs for a wee while then.
    Bad one.. I've been feeling pretty flat all weekend, not ill but coughing up a lot and running like shit so think I may have some chesty cough or something, started yesterdays run with 3 decent miles just sub 7's but was sweating badly and feeing awful so just jogged the last 6.. hoping it clears up as I've a 50km at the weekend.

Yesterday. Gofar Over-the-Hill series. Tan Hill to Kirkstone Inn 'Recce' (but thought I'd have a go anyway!). Only this turned out to be Tan Hill to ...erm...Tebay 23 miles in 6 hours 33 mins. Solo, unsupported attempt carrying 7 kg pack stuffed full of chewy goodies plus 2 litre Camelbak and a bivvy bag. Sadly, increasingly sore left ankle halted what appeared to be a promising stab at this as aerobically I felt fine. A cold night bivvying on the fells munching Soreen trying to stifle the taste of failure until my lift home arrived at 9:30 this morning.

Now about to head out for a short 3 miles run/hobble tonight to try, at the very least, to keep my 6 month 'run-a-day' obsession ticking over.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I bothered doing some for a change.

21 mile trail run in the north Fife riviera in 3hr 15m. Was slowed down quite a chunk by a friendly Pigeon sharing the contents of it's bowels with my forehead.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    I bothered doing some for a change.

21 mile trail run in the north Fife riviera in 3hr 15m. Was slowed down quite a chunk by a friendly Pigeon sharing the contents of it's bowels with my forehead.
    If you were running faster it wouldn't have happened!

Hoping to get out on something traily next week.

Yesterday I did 18/19 mile on the yorkshire moors from Castleton, up Westerdale towards Esklets and straight over the ridge into Farndale, few loops round that beautiful valley and a pint in the Feversham arms before a tough old slog upto Blakey Inn where I had another jar, before running round the old Rosedale railway for a bit, bloomin wild windy up there, over into Danby Dale and throught the fields back to Castleton. lovely

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Yesterday I did 18/19 mile on the yorkshire moors from Castleton, up Westerdale towards Esklets and straight over the ridge into Farndale, few loops round that beautiful valley and a pint in the Feversham arms before a tough old slog upto Blakey Inn where I had another jar, before running round the old Rosedale railway for a bit, bloomin wild windy up there, over into Danby Dale and throught the fields back to Castleton. lovely
    Not a good week.. should have finished with a 50k trail race and so did an easier week with no efforts over the last few days, race was a no go as car broke down.. and had done an easier week in the run up. Think I'm also struggling with allergies, persistent cough for a few weeks now..

m: 9 miles started off sub 7 felt terruible so slowed to 8-9 min miles
    t: am: 7 miles 7:40 pace. pm: 8 miles with 4 sets of 400 hard, 200 slow 1km hard 400 slow.
    w: am: 10 miles 7:50 pace. pm: running sop run 7 miles 7;20 pace
    t: am: 7 miles 7:50 pace pm: 7 miles 7:40 pace
    f: am: 4.1 miles slow. drove to race in VA.. broke down in DC towed to garage. pm: 5.8 miles from hotel
    s: am: 5.8 miles slow in rockville fetched car drove 3 hours back. pm: 8 miles road n trail NJ
    s: 13.3 miles 6:30 pace nice trail/road run

90+ for the week but not much quality.. not a great week and need to race twice next weekend to try and kick some fitness in for a few key races coming up..Good run yesterday made up fr it somewhat.. now for a 20 miler today..