Page 1372 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 37287212721322136213701371137213731374138214221472 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,720 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Interesting "running" on Kinder Scout yesterday.

CP > William Clough > Kinder Falls > Trigg > Kinder Low > CP.

Lot's of snow on the ground - thigh deep in places. Dragged the dog out on a couple of occasions. Lots of fun but just wasn't possible to put in a decent continuous effort. Half the distance I should have covered so a waste of time in that sense.

Yes , you seem to have the job to get your training in but you have to get out there and do it ! Coming home at say 6 or 7 then having to go out in all weather's is hard,well is for me,I sometimes think I don,t want to commit to another season, I have loads of stuff going on like house alterations I want to do and am struggling to get going.After a long run on a weekend all I want to do is rest and the other half quite rightly get,s a bit waspy.There's no doubt about it,most dedicated Athletes are selfish,I am but try not to be.
    Today I did a hilly 12 miler on the roads ,made a big mistake, only had an Apple and banana for dinner because I had no money with me then had a piece of toast before I went.I bonked big style at about 9.5 miles.I emptied,was not too bad on the flat but any incline was painfully ,I pushed myself and forced myself into the last 2,I was in like a bit of a trance,if a car blinded me or came close I couldn't give a damn ,ime usually cursing them but was 'gone '.Stopped at 11.5 to lock my Chickens in and that was it 'game over '.I was starving,i would have eaten off a bird table ! got in and put milky porridge in the micro then laced it with Brown sugar,I was wobbly.People tell me you come off it well,body really does over compensate,I will see !
    Good thing was I have no injuries going on , hamstring good.Heart seems ok too,Forgot to mention i had 95% blocked Arterys and had a Heart Attack after the best race of 2011,ok now,got stents.
    Good Luck."

Long run on The Fells today,no niggles and fed properly,no bonking !

Double day...

10 mile up a snowy Cutgate this morning and about 15 mile on the new cross bike this pm

Not a bad week but a great weekend in the Adirondacks

m: 1m: easy 4 miles. pm: easy 8 miles.
    t: 13 miles with track with 1 x 2mile and 3 x 1mile and 5 x 200's
    w: 17 mile long run, steady pace
    t: failed track in sub zero temps and cold winds, 11 miles but quit the track workout, felt tired
    f: nigh time snow shoe ascent of mt Cascade in the Adirondacks
    s; 16 mile, 1500m ascent, snow shoe ascent of Mt Marcy and the Mt Phelps.
    s: am: 3 mile run, pm: 5.2 mile 600m ascent snowshoe ascent mt Porter. 7.5 hour drive back through a blizzard and freezing rain, literally just covered the car in ice, kept having to stop to chisel ice off the windscreen and headlights..

My first experience with xc skiing.

My face became very familiar with the trail.

Excellent though, I'm quite sold on it. Next time I get away I reckon we will make a concerted effort to start learning
    pies

I'm keen to get into XC skiing, but possibly skimo..

I got snow shoes for now as it was cheaper to get set up.

Better start to the week

m: 13.1 miles on the road 6:50 pace, felt ok after 3 days of little running
    t: track 14.2 miles total with 3 miles at 5:30 pace, 2;30 rest and 3 x 1 mile with 1 min rest at 5:25-5:30 pace.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post

Better start to the week

t: track 14.2 miles total with 3 miles at 5:30 pace, 2;30 rest and 3 x 1 mile with 1 min rest at 5:25-5:30 pace.
    Impressive training times ,quality,I could only dream about times like that,you must be on track for The Boston.I might try a Fell Race this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post

Better start to the week

Do both, and just rent everything but the boots?

Looks like you've got access to some good winter options judging by your Facebook!

Thoroughly enjoyable weekend, 13 odd miles of bogs and heather Saturday. 56 miles of mixed terrain on the MTB Sunday.
    pies

"Impressive training times ,quality,I could only dream about times like that,you must be on track for The Boston.I might try a Fell Race this weekend."

Not sure.. bad week last week as the weekend I was away skiing and didnt run at all until 4 miles sunday night. It was -15-20C so just no desire to go out in the evenings.

This week 14 miles monday evening at 6:40 pace and felt very easy but tooth pain, turns out I have an infected wisdom tooth roots and sinus infection, so took yesterday off as I was so sleepy once I went on the pain killers.

Should race this weekend but if I have my tooth out Friday I wont as it will be too sore.