Page 1380 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 38088012801330137013781379138013811382139014301480 ... LastLast
Results 13,791 to 13,800 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Saturday's long run was over Great Hill, Winter Hill and Rivvy' Pike. 20km and 475m of climbing in the gloop and clag. Good to see many other runners out there enjoying the same. Need more of this, good for the soul.
    Great route is that Lemmy...my long run plans include Darwen Tower then over to Great Hill followed by Rivvy Pike & Winter Hill...nice 20+ miles for me when I get that in
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    Great route is that Lemmy...my long run plans include Darwen Tower then over to Great Hill followed by Rivvy Pike & Winter Hill...nice 20+ miles for me when I get that in
    Nice to include Peel Tower Holcombe Calvin ,makes for a decent long un .
    Sent you a message re- Pendle 3 peaks ...?

Bit of a recovery after Marsden-Edale. 40mins uphill on the treadmill at a fairly gentle pace. Felt good after that and a stretch, so did some 2 minute uphill intervals with squats (only 10kg) in the rest periods. Feel much better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Bit of a recovery after Marsden-Edale. 40mins uphill on the treadmill at a fairly gentle pace. Felt good after that and a stretch, so did some 2 minute uphill intervals with squats (only 10kg) in the rest periods. Feel much better for it.
    How steep ? , why the emphasis on the muscle groups that have presumably been worked hard on Marsden - Edale ? Was this a recovery run or a full on training day ..?

Only 5-6% gradient. The intervals were more like 7-8% gradient, but were far from 'training pace'... Was more to get the blood flowing round my legs, which I always find helps after a long race. In general I always run at a slight gradient on the treadmill, as runnable uphills are the weakest of my meagre fellrunning attributes, and I've found it helps to make uphill running seem 'normal'...

Probably not the most scientific approach to training, however i do like to mix up shorter intense runs with approx two long runs a week, and some hard interval work in there as well.

Really good to get the blood flowing for recovery,should always run on a slight gradient on the treadmill,don't push it on yet recovery runs as it will only make you too tired for your "proper "training .
    ,especially after a hard race ,walking uphill Ont treadmill is also very good for recovery and uses your muscles slightly differently than running ...��

Some hill reps (on the road) - 4 in total, the hill is around 0.5 miles in distance, between 8%-13% gradient (varying) and about 200 feet climb per rep...I then try and use 2 of the 4 reps to practice down hill technique at a decent pace (around 5/5:30 min/miling) before working my way back up to the top. This is along with 6 miles of road, 3 before the reps and then 3 to run home

A quick out and back to Darwen Tower this lunch time ( 5 miles in total ) - worth it for the views

CYryiTNWsAEmMhh.jpgCYryiTOWAAAfZE6.jpgCYryiVcWwAEboMZ.jpgCYryiVfWEAIiFTs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    A quick out and back to Darwen Tower this lunch time ( 5 miles in total ) - worth it for the views

CYryiTNWsAEmMhh.jpgCYryiTOWAAAfZE6.jpgCYryiVcWwAEboMZ.jpgCYryiVfWEAIiFTs.jpg
    How long for the uphill calvin ? Presume you also ran back down ��...how long down ?
    Great pictures by the way ��.
    Last edited by B.Bill.; 14-01-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    How long for the uphill calvin ? Presume you also ran back down ��...how long down ?
    Great pictures by the way ��.
    27 to the tower from my door, about 20 back - nothing to write home about, Pete, very steady - avg pace of 9:15 (750ft of ascent)