Page 1381 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 38188112811331137113791380138113821383139114311481 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,810 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    27 to the tower from my door, about 20 back - nothing to write home about, Pete, very steady - avg pace of 9:15 (750ft of ascent)
    Looked nice out today from behind my desk ��,it's all good stuff if whatever reason you can't get out ��
    Gonna be wet and cold feet again on Saturday xc at Heaton park ...��

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    Looked nice out today from behind my desk ��,it's all good stuff if whatever reason you can't get out ��
    Gonna be wet and cold feet again on Saturday xc at Heaton park ...��
    Yeah I imagine so mate, I'll be at Stanbury Splash on Sunday, always wet there as well
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Wednesday was late out of work, so only had time to repeat the previous day's 40 minute run, albiet at a slightly higher intensity, included 1200ft climb. Then a 14 minute thrash on the stairclimber which added another 1100ft.

Last night was some interval work for an hour or so, using the spin-bike, stairclimber and treadmill.

Also work upper body and core every two sessions out of three.

Tonight was hoping to get a long run, but I'm still suffering a sight cold, probably not rested enough since last weekend's race. So a night off instead, plus Saturday off as going the chiropodist, ready for a big session on Sunday.

Was raring to go this morning after two much needed rest days, and a trip to the chiropodist where I was complimented on having one foot that is "almost normal..."

1hrs30 steady pace on the treadmill. Upped the speed and lowered the gradient for the final half hour. 2400ft ascent.

Followed by a good stretch, and 24 minutes on the stair-climber which ticked off another 1800ft of ascent.

I like to look at my training in blocks between races. I have three weeks now until Long Mynd Valleys, and hope to get a good strong block of training in, as i'm expecting the race to be an absolute bugger.

Banned
    4mile 1300ft on snow covered grassy bank.
    Just back working on hill running for training and nowt else.

A fantastic 10 mile on exmoor excellent day -5 but sunny

Untitled.jpg

5 hill reps last night with about 3-3.5 miles running before and after them. Clocked up 1384ft, the hill itself is 200 feet, just trying to build my confidence for longer climbs in races as I seem to lose my head about half way up them normally and just give in, even though I know I have the strength...

Road run as well, unfortunately...finished work late and didn't fancy the head torch
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Have been training well this week, nothing spectacular, plenty of uphill work, spin bike, and squats. In my last race I fell into a hole between some flagstones and one leg went in up to the hip, jarred my hip and groin a nit, but guess I was lucky not to break my knee or worse.

Unfortunately still feeling the after effects, so will be confined to the cross trainer for a couple of days at least in an attempt to reduce the impact. It's my long run tonight, not looking forward to an hour and a half minimum on the cross trainer I must admit.

How quickly the weeks fly by. Only 2 and a half weeks til the next race, will be less than two weeks by the time my hip is feeling 100%, and I can do some proper hard work.

Master
    Mile reps x 3on flat. 6:10s, which isn't great, but gradually heading back to sub 6's. Taken nearly two years to get a bit of speed back. Tomorrow a circuit of Goyt Valley Shining Tor and Windgather after work.

Master
    Fri. 9 miles in dusk along Erwood and Fernilee Reservoirs. Up to Windgather and along to Shining Tor. Dark on Shining Tor so needed headtorch. Only to find it didn't work. Picked way off Shining by moonlight, totally magical.
    Sat. 8 times long hill reps at Wollaton Park with Notts AC. hard session and another 7 miles.
    Sun, Kilo reps x 15 on bike (static) hard and 30 sits between each KM. 100 pull ups in 10X10 and 2 x 40 press ups before lye down on settee.