Page 1389 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 38988912891339137913871388138913901391139914391489 ... LastLast
Results 13,881 to 13,890 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

5 x 1 mile reps tonight.

My least favourite of the "fast" sessions, but my best performance at it.

For such a simple session it's surprisingly difficult to pace, and indeed, to complete well.

Banned
    2 miles on the road 360ft of ascent.

Nowt special but I'm getting out again.

Nice one Stagger, regular sessions are the way to go...

We did our first "off road" summer run of the year. 6 miles, the middle 2 miles were arrow-straight down a disused railway line and I simply couldn't keep pace with the leading group, however when we turned off onto the undulating farmland to the south-west of Coventry, to make our way back, I managed to slowly claw my way back, so was quite pleased with my effort.

I'm rather filled with dread at the news we will soon be moving our Tuesday night 'fast' sessions onto the track... cant wait to embarrass myself in front of the whole club, rather than just my own group...!!

Gentle cycle in to work this morning. ~8 miles after a big hill to start. Very pleasant along the canal after that. Last night was a run home from work - nice and slow with 3 hills in ~9 miles.

A tough hill session on the treadmill for me.

1 hour... 35 minutes of which were running and 25 were fast walking. Knocked out around 3200ft of climbing in the hour.

12 x 400 metre reps last night.

I was dreading this, far too fast paced for me, but I managed to keep on the tails of a faster group of runners for the first six, then managed to pick a few of them off in the second half. Really hurt though, and I could barely manage the warm down.

Definitely feeling the benefits of the faster hill work I've been doing, seems to be giving me a bit more staying power.

6 miles.... 2 steady, 2 effort, 2 steady....

Coming so soon after a long race at the weekend, took it quite easy.... But will be repeating this session on Tuesday so hoping to be at full power by then!

This week I've just been doing the odd 30-40mins on the cross trainer, and plenty of stretching. Legs are feeling pretty much recovered, but the mental strain of the race last weekend is still there, 9-10 hours sleep each night since Saturday and I'm still knackered. But I think this is probably more a result of getting sunstroke, coupled with a bit of dehydration (drank 5 litres during the race of 11 and a half hours, and still gasping for water at the end).

Master
    managed to do the Coledale Horseshoe Route yesterday, plus Hobcarton and Whiteseide, there and back. First run since December due to medial meniscus issues which seem to be clearing up a bit. Hope this is a sign that I can start upping the pace a bit soon!

Nice to have a weekend off racing after 20 races already this year! Managed to fit in a training run today which was Helm Crag, Gibson Knott and Tarn Crag from Grasmere. Only 65 Wainwrights to go!

Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Nice to have a weekend off racing after 20 races already this year! Managed to fit in a training run today which was Helm Crag, Gibson Knott and Tarn Crag from Grasmere. Only 65 Wainwrights to go!
    Wjb after a quick run out over Glenridding Dodd last weekend I had a count up of the Wainwrights, and I've got 82 left to do. Unfortunately now they are more widespread and remote. Can't just go out the door at Ambleside and do a quick horseshoe and knock another 7 or 8 off. Need to spend some time in the more remote areas on the western side of the Lakes.