Page 1390 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 39089012901340138013881389139013911392140014401490 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,900 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

6 miles, 2 steady, 2 hard, 2 steady.

Was a bit wary of pushing too hard after my long race, and wanting to not cause any damage before racing again this weekend. 13mins25 for the 2 hard miles. Although was only about 30-40 seconds behind people I'd consider as better runners than me, so I doubt I'd be able to go out and knock minutes off that, unless I went flat out race style.

100m hard, 100 recover, 200 hard, 100 recover, 300 hard, 100 recover, 400 hard.

x4

Decent little circuit. Although I'm obviously of modest ability, I'm starting to develop some confidence in that ability. Today I could sense the couple who were trying to stick with me were struggling, and I was confident in my ability to turn up the pace and drop them, safe in the knowledge that I could recover and go again.

Similar to the way in a fell race in which I slowly developed the confidence to turn the screw on a climb if I felt someone was hanging on to me (this also took a long time to develop, although they still usually come steaming back past me on the descents!)....

May give a local Parkrun a go in the next couple of weeks, see if my newfound confidence can translate into knocking a few seconds off my time...

Surprisingly good run..

Terrible week after a good month.. kid in hospital and operation but ran my old loop last night, 11.5 miles in 1:32 (1:26 is my PR), 1500ft ascent. Today 1:21, working hard but felt good. Way out of shape but consistent 60-70 mile weeks and harder efforts have built a base. Most importantly no injuries for a good 3-4 months.

I took the day off two days ago as I bruised my patella building a swing set on a hard floor.. Excited for the summer now.

Super Moderator
    Good to see you posting Iain. Hope your young 'un is okay
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quick stairclimber blast this morning, 2500ft in 35 mins, worked up a good sweat, followed by some sets of squats.

That'll be my last session before racing Sunday, 5 miles AS, hopefully I've picked up a little bit of pace, or at least the ability to push hard for the entire race.

After an horrendous start to the year for a variety of reasons I managed a decent 19 miler from Bentham up over Ingleborough and back. Not speedy and pretty tired coming off and jogging along the road home. Pretty pleased to just get out again though...lovely day!! Ingleborough was chocka with Three Peakers dropping off to Horton.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

8 miles this evening, with the middle 4 miles being an off-road fartlek session. Felt a bit of stiffness coming in during the second half of the session, a hangover from Sunday's race no doubt, but a tough and worthwhile session overall.

It was interesting to see the others struggling a little with the one part of the circuit which was moderately downhill and rough (I suppose it would be similar to a rough upper valley track somewhere in the lakes, I.e a bit rutted and uneven).... I was pulling out a good 20 metres in this 150 metre section... Mind you I quickly lost it again in the following flat sections...!

6 x 600ish metre reps, including a short climb and a nice little downhill stretch. Suited me, especially as the flat section was into a hefty headwind. Turned it into more of a slog, and I was able to push away from those I am usually close to, and push hard with one of the faster guys.

Good little session. Might have a bash at the Parkrun on Saturday if I feel fresh, see if I can knock a few seconds off my best time.

Coventry Parkrun this morning, rather disappointed with 20-17..... Felt like I was running better than last time but was 30 seconds slower...

Spent the rest of the morning scraping the barrel for reasons behind it... I did take the first lap a little easy, hoping to speed up on the second lap, maybe left myself too much to do... Or perhaps just racing last weekend, a tough week of training, and my legs weren't as fresh as i thought...

Determined to get back next weekend and put it right...

5 x 1 mile reps.

Find this one very tough usually. Probably my best effort at it so far.

First two I took at a steady pace, then pushed the 3rd and 4th. Must admit I was hanging on during the final rep, but I made a good fist of the session and was progressing through the group right up to the finish.

A bit stiff this morning though, which after only 5 miles of effort, shows that I must have been working quite hard!