Page 1397 of 1689 FirstFirst ... 39789712971347138713951396139713981399140714471497 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,970 of 16886

Thread: Today's Training

Back on the track tonight.

10 x 400m followed by 5 x 200m, off 60 secs recovery.

Managed the 400's consistently in 80-82secs and the 200's in 36-37secs. Did find it hard work today, more so than usual, but my eating has been all over the place today due to being away from office.

Have had my arm twisted into running the Midlands 6 Stage Relays on Saturday, which I'd hoped to avoid, but got to be a good clubman. 6km - I'm in the club 'b' team but I still suspect I'll be among the slowest on the team...

thats my problem as well.. are a long run. im craving for a very heavy meal.

After a speedy (by my standards) run at the road relays yesterday (6km in 22:45) I planned an easy 90mins on the treadmill followed by some weights.

Unfortunately the 'easy' part rapidly went out of the window and it turned into a reasonable hill session... 90mins, 3700ft.

Black Mountains race next week, which is a tough mixture of fast running and some very tough climbs, so probably only one real hard session this week, and hopefully the other days will be nice and steady (famous last words!)

Club night tonight, and a real good hill session.

Up a decent path/cycle-path... average gradient probably about 10-12%...

6 x long reps (300m), 8 x medium reps (200m), 10 x short reps (maybe 125m)...

I hit this hard, as my only hard session of the week, and playing to my strengths a bit. Was hanging on by the time the last 3 or 4 short reps came around, but a very enjoyable session for me.

Feeling confident at the moment and really looking forward to Black Mountains on Saturday, where hopefully I can knock a fair chunk off my time from 2015 (assuming reasonable weather).

After a very energy-sapping Black Mountains race at the weekend, had a couple of very easy days before getting back to hard work tonight, with a hard hill session on the treadmill.

Managed 2000ft in 35 minutes, certainly worked up a sweat, needing to change out of my vest before stretching and doing some weights.

Another reasonably hard session again tomorrow, before a couple more easy days prior to racing on Sunday again...

6 miles tonight, with the middle 2 miles being a timed effort.

Managed to do the effort (actually 2.1 miles) in 13 minutes dead. Not going to worry the Olympic selectors with that kind of pace, but represents an improvement of nearly half a minute over the summer months of training and racing. And given that I did a tough session last night, and had half an eye on Sunday's upcoming race, I'm sure I can go faster still.

What struck me was the amount of effort needed to strip off significant amounts of time on road/flat running. When I compare the ease which I steadily did this run in 14mins a few weeks ago, compared to the considerable effort I maintained tonight, which only resulted in a minutes difference, the thought of the improvement needed to get down towards 12mins is pretty intimidating...

That's the hard work done this week... race Sunday. 7 miles so a fast one for me.

Slightly fatigued from Sunday's race, but dragged myself down for a club session tonight.

3 x 2.2km reps with 600 metres recovery in between. Moderately hilly (I.e nowhere near steep enough for me, but more than enough to make everyone else moan!). Ran strongly, but felt it in my legs from the weekend.

That will be the only real session this week, working away from tomorrow, then racing at the Lakes Four Passes on Saturday, so hopefully arriving on the start line refreshed!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Slightly fatigued from Sunday's race, but dragged myself down for a club session tonight.

3 x 2.2km reps with 600 metres recovery in between. Moderately hilly (I.e nowhere near steep enough for me, but more than enough to make everyone else moan!). Ran strongly, but felt it in my legs from the weekend.

That will be the only real session this week, working away from tomorrow, then racing at the Lakes Four Passes on Saturday, so hopefully arriving on the start line refreshed!
    I'm staying out back of the Godiva club hut tonight, at a conference so had stuff to do instead of hitting the track.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I'm staying out back of the Godiva club hut tonight, at a conference so had stuff to do instead of hitting the track.
    I'm sure you'll be more than welcome to join in a session if you're ever down again. Track is exclusive to Godiva on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, but if you ask for the endurance group, or 'Pete the fell runner' you'll get looked after. All other times you can pretty much turn up and use the track with no problems.

My group Thursday will be very depleted if you're still around. A few people injured or resting for marathons at the weekend, myself i'll be up in Manchester from tonight working away. They'll probably be doing a steady road run which probably wouldn't be your thing.

Busy old day today. Did a reasonably tough treadmill session this morning. 40mins of various hard uphill race-walking, flat running and hard uphill running. Didn't go alll out, but chalked up about 1800ft.

Then tonight it was back on the track. 200m, 400m, 600m, 400m, 200m pyramid, x 3

A pretty fast session, though the 600m reps seemed unreasonably tough and long!

Running the opening leg of the Midlands XC Relays on Saturday, so will try to fit in another reasonably stiff session in before the week is out.