Page 1413 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 41391313131363140314111412141314141415142314631513 ... LastLast
Results 14,121 to 14,130 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

There is an outdoor sculpture event going on in The Outwoods with lots of weird things hanging from trees. A lot of ponytails and lip and nose rings around too!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    There is an outdoor sculpture event going on in The Outwoods with lots of weird things hanging from trees. A lot of ponytails and lip and nose rings around too!
    Oh yes, so there was. I really need to pay more attention to the Loughborough Echo. It finished yesterday, but I ran through the Outwoods on Sunday and didn't notice anything; probably concentrating too much on why I couldn't run at much more than a snail's pace.

Did you come down for it, Llani Boy?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

No, you wouldn't catch me near that sort of thing. Saw it on East Midlands Today news. Must have been a quiet news day.Did go to Loughborough last summer to pick up some bees and had a walk around some nice parks whilst waiting for them to return to the hive. Saw that big bell!

A steady 8.5 miles around the roads/disused railway/fields to the south-west of Coventry. With a dead straight 2.1 mile time trial down the disused railway, which is supposed to be hard effort.

However I took it steady all the way round, and recorded a very leisurely 13:40 for the 2.1 miles.

Trying to keep fresh for the South Mynd Tour at the weekend, and subsequently the UTS the following weekend.

Regards the UTS, have I done enough preparation for a 100 (actually 105) mile race? Well it's been a mixture of ups and downs. On the downside, I planned two 40+ mile races in successive weekends... the first was shortened to 28 miles due to the atrocious weather, in fact this made it a real test, and coupled with a knee issue, made it a stern mental test as well. The following week was a flat race and I stopped after 31 miles. So not the 80-odd miles I wanted, but still 60 hard miles.

I'm also beset with apprehension and "the jitters" about such a tough race, as you would expect for my first time at that distance.

On the positive side, my weekly mileage and climb is considerably higher and more consistent than last year, and I'm undoubtedly a stronger runner than last year, when I got round the 10 Peaks (and got round well) on a diet of much less consistent training. My trials and tribulations in various races will hopefully have added to my mental strength. And despite the jitters, I can't wait to get going and stop worrying about it, and just concentrate on racing.

Whether this will have any bearing on my UTS performance remains to be seen.

Master
    First reps session of 2018. [Yes, I'm a fair-weather reps runner.] 8 times round the rough field near my home, first one in 2m03s, the rest between 2m10s and 2m13s.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Varied training effort today;
    Morning Bakewell Parkrun 19.21
    Afternoon 2hrs strimming nettles and weeds for mountain bike activities
    Late afternoon 2hrs fighting with rotavator on allotment
    Evening 3 pints of Magic Mushroom Mild
    EVERY muscle group had a good workout!

Master
    Set off at 8pm for my run today: no worries about overheating. Crowds of people on Beacon Hill to watch the sunset, although distant cloud was already obscuring part of the sun. Markers out for tomorrow's Woodhouse May Day Challenge, which I'm not running: apart from having too much road and not being hilly enough (it doesn't even go to the top of Beacon Hill), it's 13.5 miles whereas my 71-minute run today was my longest for several months.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Good stuff Anthony. Enjoyed your article in the Fellrunner too...

After running hard (and well) yesterday, I dragged myself back out again today for another session. 5.5 miles and 2500ft. Just keeping the miles consistent ready for UTS on Friday. That was my last real session. I'll attend tomorrow's club track session and may run it half-heartedly, but certainly won't be doing anything too taxing between now and Friday.

Last weeks scoreboard shows 39 miles and 9700ft which is just about on target...

Super Moderator
    19 mile + (Stef’s Strava didn’t record every inch) walk home - Haworth - Hardcastle Crags - PW over Withins - King’s Arms - home. I was trialing a newish pair of shoes which were great and apart from feeling the heat a bit felt quite good

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Good stuff Anthony. Enjoyed your article in the Fellrunner too...
    Thanks, Travs

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Last weeks scoreboard shows 39 miles and 9700ft which is just about on target...
    Still just a little bit more mileage and climbing than me.
    Jorge Luis Borges