Page 1423 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 42392313231373141314211422142314241425143314731523 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,230 of 16911

Thread: Today's Training

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    In my quest for fitness i intend to use park runs to get back to shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post

Hopefully i will have the motivation to carry on when I get back home.

Certainly enjoying it again now😎🤣
    Enjoyment is all the motivation you need! I lost my running mojo a while back but the last few years I have only run when I wanted to and only done races I know I will enjoy. Really got me back into it again although only 2 or 3 runs a week and nowhere near the miles I used to do.

Park run is a great way to get back into running. I don't do it now but used it as my rehab after a long lay off through injury. I think I clocked up 103 runs on the end. (I stopped when I realised I was becoming a bit of a 5k road race speed merchant to the detriment of the long hilly off road stuff!)
    Last edited by PeteS; 27-07-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Super Moderator
    Went out for a run last night. Sun, heat, heavy rain and hills made for a tough outing. I need to run more often (than every three months)

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Went out for a run last night. Sun, heat, heavy rain and hills made for a tough outing. I need to run more often (than every three months)
    Glad you’re still alive. It’s coming to something when you feel so rough you can’t manage a pint at the end of a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Slow jog and walk over High Tove, High Seat, High Tove (again), Armboth Fell and then the endless slog over to Ulscarf, followed by a swim in Derwent water. Knee not liking the tussocks but thank heaven it was dry as it would be a contender for the Lake Districts worst and wettest route otherwise!! Do it now or not at all!
    Have done that central ridge all the way from Keswick, over Bleaberry Fell, down to Watendlath via High Tove, then down to Stonethwaite/Rosthwaite via Great/Grey(?) Crag, found it very enjoyable coupled with a bus back down to Keswick.

Also gone from Thirlmere direct up into Ullscarf which was certainly a slog, then down to High Raise, Calf Crag, Steel Fell (a great descent), but the walk/run was a bit tedious in comparison to other areas, very quiet though....

Parkruns are a great way to get back into it, and I heartily recommend that sort of speed work, it will still make you a better runner even if you only do AL's....

My local Parkrun in Cov is one of the biggest and regularly gets upwards of 500 people, and often up to 700 on a big weekend. Being a two lap course, this does make it a bit of a weave in the 2nd lap to avoid the people walking with dogs and pushchairs, but it's free after all. I certainly couldn't see me pay for a road 5km when can just do a Parkrun. Having said that I've only ever done two, usually trained too hard in the week to blast out a "fast" 5km. And at the front end the standard is good, regularly 16-17 mins wins it which is far better than I'll ever manage. The depth of ability doesn't reach very far though... my 19ish (although hopefully next time I'll get into the 18's) easily gets me in the top 15-20.
    Last edited by Travs; 28-07-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Bleaberry, High Tove etc can also be enjoyable in mid Winter when frozen over. Certainly agree about avoiding it in the wet!

Banned
    Another 2k at 34° heat. Long may it continue.

After working out last week's distance covered i intend to work on the 10% rule.

So distance will increase but by less than 10%.

Great stuff Stagger.

After a week off, I did my first session this evening, a mile out, 100 squats, then a quicker mile back. Standing in the middle of a cricket pitch in a monsoon doing squats might sound stupid, but after my head-first fall into a very busy jacuzzi earlier, it's positively sensible...

Super Moderator
    ^ sounds like something from an out-take of the first Rocky film!

The Jacuzzi episode unfortunately is reminiscent of something out of Mr Bean...

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    The Jacuzzi episode unfortunately is reminiscent of something out of Mr Bean...
    Well, spill the (Mr) beans, then. I think we need more details.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges