Page 1424 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 42492413241374141414221423142414251426143414741524 ... LastLast
Results 14,231 to 14,240 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

I just saw a rather attractive lady in the jacuzzi, so casually walked over to get in and introduce myself as "Eccleston the fellrunner" which would obviously have her quivering with lust.

Unfortunately I'd just come out the hot sauna and not quite in prime state. In fact I was feeling quite faint and in need of a sit down somewhere cooler. As I stepped in the jacuzzi I couldn't see the bottom so just assumed it was the same depth. In my addled state I forgot there is a ledge where you sit, so I stepped into thin air/water and torpedo-bombed her from about 6ft up. Luckily didn't headbutt her and she saw the funny side, but she obviously thought I was mental.

Short session tonight, quick sharp hill reps, managed 1600ft in 2.5 miles. Was still sweating half hour later.

Track session tonight. 5 x 1000m with decreasing rest... 2mins, 90secs, 60secs, 30secs.

Struggled tonight with a dodgy stomach, and spent most of the warmup dashing back and forth to the toilet. Said after each rep I'd do one more then stop, but managed to complete the session, although was lapped and was way behind where I'd usually be.

6 miles.

Banned
    3.5k jog and 700m swim
    35° LOVELY

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    3.5k jog and 700m swim
    35° LOVELY
    Just need to get on your bike to complete the triathlon training.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Club night tonight. Supposedly a 6 mile run with a 2 mile "time trial" down the middle section, a disused railway known as the Greenway.

Always love this session. The "slowest" start first, with the faster guys going last, the idea being everybody finishes reasonably together. Despite it being a hard effort, it's always enjoyable, chasing the guy in front down. Or as is usual, half the people are either recovering or preparing for races, so are "taking it easy" and start early, to then get carried away when they hear footsteps behind them, and it turns into a full on steeplechase by the end.

Tonight was no different... I started 2nd as I wanted an easy one, but as the faster guys and girls came past me, I couldn't help upping the pace until I was fairly hammering along by the end.

Including my own track warmup, a good outing of 8.5 miles in hot conditions.

Banned
    2.5k with 2 little steep 40 ascents in the middle and on the fire break trials.

Off road only at this place and all hilly trails.

And 750m swim.

The best is this hotel has free use of mountain bikes.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Buck Hill and the Outwoods: fifth run since my latest calf injury, but first time back on one of my regular routes. Given how bad the calf felt on the way down Pen y Fan at the race less than 4 weeks ago, I'm actually very pleased to have made this much progress. I even managed to put in a bit of speed when I heard another runner behind me on the path back down from the Outwoods; managed to hold him off for the half-mile-plus to where I turn off the path.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    Just awesome 3k trail run.
    Under pine trees and shaded from afternoon sun.
    The smell was fresh and clean and other than a couple of Jays and crickets it was so peaceful.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A quick blast up Wideford Hill from Kirkwall this morning. 9.5km in to a stiff breeze and lashing down with rain. Enjoyed it nonetheless and almost as much as the trip to the Highland Park distillery this afternoon.

A good week last week.... 48 miles 11000ft, culminating in my best race so far.... although i still fell apart a bit at the end... race splits show my leg times generally between about 5th-8th, with the exception of the first climb (3rd), but on the last leg i was 15th. Still work to do.