Page 183 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 831331731811821831841851932332836831183 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 16915

Thread: Today's Training

david

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    No idea

I run to the Settle end of Horton (pub and church there) and then up the lane on my left. After half a mile I reach a farm and the path (steeply) starts through the fields and moor at that point.
    That's Brackenbottom which is the route the Pen y Ghent race takes. The nicer way to get there which avoids the road run through the village is to follow the Pennine Way like the Three Peaks route but then take the first track on the right which leads to a little footbridge over the stream to join the road to Brackenbottom.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    That's Brackenbottom which is the route the Pen y Ghent race takes. The nicer way to get there which avoids the road run through the village is to follow the Pennine Way like the Three Peaks route but then take the first track on the right which leads to a little footbridge over the stream to join the road to Brackenbottom.
    Yeah, I pretty much follow the pen y ghent fell race route as shown here http://www.settleharriers.org/penyghent_map.pdf

So my 7 mile estimate is wrong - runs always seem longer than they really are for some reason!

Master and MR

a steady 10 miles tonight with club
    very warm night down here, makes a change , a few more members out tonight , been a it thin on the ground what with all this rain.
    for a laugh and to signal the start of summer i wore my bright yellow bermuda shorts

Stunning day today, we went for an evening run from Pen Y Pass, over to Crib Goch (is it Grib or Crib and Goch or Coch?), and then down into Cwm Glas Mawr, just love that place, and back up the road to the car.

Finally felt like we had summer. The ridge still scares the shit out of me, it's a place I've never been able to relax on, still enjoy it, but it still grips me and I've done it countless times.

Pictures here:

http://sarzmountainrun.blogspot.com/2007/07/crib-goch-run.html

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Stunning day today, we went for an evening run from Pen Y Pass, over to Crib Goch (is it Grib or Crib and Goch or Coch?), and then down into Cwm Glas Mawr, just love that place, and back up the road to the car.

Finally felt like we had summer. The ridge still scares the shit out of me, it's a place I've never been able to relax on, still enjoy it, but it still grips me and I've done it countless times.

Pictures here:

http://sarzmountainrun.blogspot.com/...-goch-run.html
    I love running along that ridge at least in the dry very scary when wet and windy

Bill

Excellent hour and ten out and about the fields today. Mostly flat and ground is hard as nails. Saw a beautiful green woodpecker and he followed me along a hedge top for a few seconds. Lots of jays making noise and randy cock pheasants. Pishing down here now.

3miles easy jog then met up with a mate and we did another 10miles. Started off easy and it was uphill and gusty headwind. After turning it was not only downhilll and tailwind but we pushed on ever harder the nearer we got to finishing. Looking like this willl be my first 50mile week since april.

17 miles in the woods. Quite wet and boggy conditions, just as i prefer.
    Ridiculously eary start but nice to be home and done before 10am.

5.5 miles/1100' over Hameldon in between showers and nightshifts. No racing now until Arncliffe Gala next weekend. A nice session on Pendle next I think.

Couple of hours on Pendle Tommoz noon if anyone fancies coming along. Prob 10 miles and a good few thousand feet of climbing starting Wellsprings side.