Page 319 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 2192693093173183193203213293694198191319 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Well it wasn't really training - it was a run, in the dark, with me head torch, in the fells. I've said it before, training is running the canal out of Leeds city centre on a lunch time ...... with all the other saddos and I only do it when desperate. Or its doing interval training or hill reps or, heaven forbid, running round a track

But I wanted to keep Freddie happy with a contribution to the thread, is all.
    I'll let you off then, seeing as you can walk/run on water, what's a track, one of them things on a cd
    Hills and Guinness!

5 miles up Hameldon hill on a very windy afternoon. 2 other runners out, don't usually see anyone midweek up there.

8.5 miles, inc 9 x 800 at 6.30 pace, very windy out there back to how it was three weeks ago

5 miles including the club speed/ hill session in Glasgow's windy west end. 11 reps of a new steeper hill this week to prepare some for the first SHR champs race at Bishophill this weekend. Very hard work but I enjoyed it.
    Is it meant to be this hard?

4.8 miles to work 1031 ft off road, ran all the way up killer hill that usually has me walking at halfway point, 1m run home on road in dark. Sorry FREDDIE always like to cadge a lift off me mate after a 2-10 shift
    Hills and Guinness!

Out tonight - nice little loop of some 8.5miles and 1500ft starting at Holme village then up around to Holme Moss summit. A good run out in (almost) any weather and my first night recce of 2008. Oh yes.

Got off a couple of hours early so went up Ben Lomond, 7miles, 3250 ft.

Started out at 4:30ish in soft sunshine, still but cold, wind rising as I climbed, trotting easily, and the last few walkers coming down in full winter gear, heavy packs and hoods up. The summit was clear except for when rain clouds whisked over, raining for 30 seconds before moving on. From 2/3 way up the wind was very strong and the Arrochars were black and it was moving this way, but jog on Jason, jog on. On the final plateau it started to snow sideways, I chewed on some jelly beans and trotted on.

Out of the wind going up the summit cone it was lovely. I felt like the dog and I were the only people in the world, but that could be because I couldn't see out of the cloud at all. Hitting the summit ridge I could hardly stand in the wind and would have to go straight into it to reach the trig. The snow was heavy up here and with both arms in front of my face I could just about look straight down at the path. Visibility was zero and wind chill much lower. Well cowardice is the better part of valor so we turned back there and had a lovely jog back down.

Out of the cloud at 2/3 point I could see the traffic commuting home across the loch , summit in sunshine be the 1/3 point, still just light back at the car. The dog had the skips, maybe because snow and wind were going up her non return valve, and if I had a tail it would have been straight up in the air too.

Sorry for the long post but sometimes you have to burbble.

Life is sweet.

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?

you lucky bastard

6 miles road(about 25%)/bridleways/woods/beckside paths/hills/farm fields/rugby pitches & parkland - plenty of variety between New Farnley & Pudsey

I think I've finally recovered enough to be able to post this weeks training...

Monday
    3pm - 9 miles over Whernside from Ribblehead viaduct finishing on the road back from Old Hill Inn. Snowed on the top of Whernside.....

7-30pm - K & C bike / run thingy. 5.5 mile bike / 2.3 mile run.

Tuesday - Knackered!