Page 347 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 2472973373453463473483493573974478471347 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

82 miles & 5,500' of ascent on the bike over to Calderdale to meet Merrylegs for a twenty odd mile loop over Scandamon moor. Good weather for windmills and ducks but not so for cyclists!
    Cheers for that ML, think I would have opted for 45 mins on the turbo in the kitchen if I wasn't meeting up with you - couldn't have taken the shame of a no show

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    82 miles & 5,500' of ascent on the bike over to Calderdale to meet Merrylegs for a twenty odd mile loop over Scandamon moor. Good weather for windmills and ducks but not so for cyclists!
    Cheers for that ML, think I would have opted for 45 mins on the turbo in the kitchen if I wasn't meeting up with you - couldn't have taken the shame of a no show
    Would have opted for a bag of chips and a couple of Strongbows if i wasn't meeting you, you've shamed into thinking i should be doing more miles, 50-60 miler on cards tomorrow with mates who are slower than me, hopefully
    See you soon.
    Hills and Guinness!

Super Moderator

4hrs 20mins steady - Hebden Bridge to Connonley, mostly on Pennine Way and last 3hrs in dark. Felt really strong until turning my ankle over about 6ml from end. Iced it after a medicinal pint and praying nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    4hrs 20mins steady - Hebden Bridge to Connonley, mostly on Pennine Way and last 3hrs in dark. Felt really strong until turning my ankle over about 6ml from end. Iced it after a medicinal pint and praying nothing serious.
    Hope it clears up quick, Andy, had a bad knee for a week, felt serious, but seems a lot better today, thank god for medicinal pints
    Hills and Guinness!

Super Moderator

Cheers Merry! One of the lads I was with, Steve Brock, is a friend of Bob's and we gave him a knock as we passed his house. He's still got a sore knee too - must be going round!

up with the birds this morning to catch the early worm, 8 miles including 20 mins @ tempo at 7 am supprisingly felt good. oh well thats me of to the lakes now for a week, might be able to find some time to fit some training in Nearly forgot ran in my crane sports running tights and gillet from Aldi this morning great gear

First run for a week - 55 mins - variation of Farnley fields/Post Hill/Sykes Wood - good to get out again.

7 miles today - i am a good girl

22miles, steady run on undulating trail along west highland way from Drymen to Milngavie and back. Grey, cool, wet, muddy, and full of tourists! Nice run though.

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?

14 miles ish this morning from Ribblehead, up Whernside, Ingleborough and back to RH. With Mapper and Alsoran, many runners out doing reccies for 3 P's. I presume. Missed all the rain which is now lashing at the window !!!
    After climbing a great hill one only finds that there are many more hills to climb ......