Page 354 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 2543043443523533543553563644044548541354 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Mini-epic based around Holme, Holme Moss and Crowden. Out for 2h 50m and totalled some 3500ft of climb in all. Had an exciting moment - sheltering in a gully near Laddlow Rocks as a blizzard rolled in. Whiteout for nearly 10mins. Marvellous stuff, wish I'd had my camera!
    Sounds like we were both out at the same time Jan It was quite interesting...

If you are out tommorrow morning we are doing the Kinder triple crossing.

An easy 40 min run around the Cilcain Hills today to make up for missing the Llangynhafal fell race earlier in the day.

This week:

x3 5 mile runs
    Liver Hill race
    Pendle FR
    72 miles bike today

Only 1 portion of chips, too much cider and too many bags of them Kettle hand cooked crisps.
    Last edited by Ady In Accy; 06-04-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Missed 1!

Friday afternoon, up to Horton in Ribblesdale. Pitch tent in rain, pasta and guinness party in back of mates van. Resisted the temptation to go to the pub. In bed at 9.00pm Cold night with not a lot of sleep due to mates snoring and flatulence. Up early and seven of us set off on the three peaks, only two of us daft enough to run. Did the walkers route up Pen y Gent, blizzard conditions at the top. The long stretch from there to Ribblehead was bog central, knee deep style. Brief stop at Ribblehead to stock up on water and jock from strategically placed van. Up and down Whernside in good style, walkers route, obviously. Weather had improved enough to strip down to shorts, mate was beginning to struggle with a groin strain, so stayed together up Ingleborough. Wind at the top was the worst i've ever experienced up there, and i don't mean flatulence. Mate was feeling slightly better, so we went for it back to Horton, got back in 5 hours 10 mins including stops, garmin gave 4.46.55 running time. We then realised all our clean tackle was in the van at Ribblehead, doh! So we had to wait till the other lads got back. Two of them had suffered, badly and it took them over nine hours. We filled our time with 3 pints of Guinness, a wash in the river and a brief kip in the tent. Resistance of the pub was futile on Saturday night. loads of food and Guinness, a good crack with everyone in there, and guess who were the last people to leave? Woke up this morning with the worlds worst hangover in an igloo, bloody freezing. Down to Inlgesport cafe for a full english, then home for tea and sympathy Best 40th birthday do i've been on, well done the lads that drove up from Hastings on friday and back down today Today's training, bugger all
    Hills and Guinness!

Another easy 5.4 mile on the roads today. Three 5 milers in 3 days so tomorrow I will start building up again now. By eck Merry you don't do anything by halves. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    Another easy 5.4 mile on the roads today. Three 5 milers in 3 days so tomorrow I will start building up again now. By eck Merry you don't do anything by halves. Well done.
    On the mend, Pinno? Good news. Prefer pints to halves
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    On the mend, Pinno? Good news. Prefer pints to halves
    Yes, I am okay now Merry thanks. I betta keep away from the decorating in future. You must of put a few miles in over the last month or so with these epic runs? Whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    Yes, I am okay now Merry thanks. I betta keep away from the decorating in future. You must of put a few miles in over the last month or so with these epic runs? Whats next?
    Lakeland Loop 70 mile bike ride, next sunday, Anni Waltz weekend after, lie down in a darkened room weekend after that
    Hills and Guinness!

Woke up to a fresh covering of snow. Blue sky loads of sunshine with a forcast for wintry showers by midday, Where have I heard that before??

Route for today was the Triple Crossing a classic DP race route and this years Championship course.
    From the Snake Inn up Fairbrook to the crossing to kinder gates across to Downfall at 11.00 am where four runners had just passed (Downfall Recce was that you?)

Back to the gates for a direct run to Grindslow and down in to Edale, turned left and back up direct to the 5/7/9/10 minutes crossing (depending on fitness) where at 12.15 it started to snow and back via gate side clough.

Very cold at times with lots of snow. But still beautiful when the sun was out.

9.3 miles 2,200ft

Super Moderator

9ml, c1500ft over Beamsley Beacon and Round Hill in the sun from home. Snowing heavily now!