Page 378 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 2783283683763773783793803884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    When Ian does his 40 mile recovery run
    Yup, that's just a "short 'un" to keep the legs going a bit....before the really long runs at the weekend!

About 7 for me in the hills last night.... and my legs were back in working order such that I'm now half thinking about doing this on Saturday.

I'll probably come to my senses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    About 7 for me in the hills last night.... and my legs were back in working order such that I'm now half thinking about doing this on Saturday.

As a walk or a run? I see there's a shorter one at just under 10 that might be a good run out....

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    As a walk or a run? I see there's a shorter one at just under 10 that might be a good run out....
    Runners don't walk.......except sometimes .

I did the Wharfedale offroad marathon last summer which was really chilled out. I'd like to run this full length too but not at full on 'ramming' speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Beats my 250 yards of today by a long way. 1st attempt at excercise since crash last Thursday but the ribs said no no no. Will give the bike a try in the morning and see what they and the shoulder have to say about that.
    ouch, sounds nasty - what happened?

Training? Only managed a short walk & 3 slow miles since 3Ps, layzeeee Planning a steady 6m for tonight, hope the legs remember what to do

I wish I could do something this weekend but I'm on nightshifts from tonight until Mon morning
    Stolly, are you doing the Wharfedale Offroad Marathon this year? I entered it the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Stolly, are you doing the Wharfedale Offroad Marathon this year? I entered it the other day.
    I think so; either that or the Pen y Ghent fell race which I think clashes. The Wharfedale is a glorious route and last year was on a scorching hot beautiful day to boot. I did make the mistake of promising to help a friend round though - who had done the Edinburgh marathon the week before and couldn't cope with the heat. In the end I left him to be pecked over by the vultures, propped against a dry stone wall somewhere down Mastiles Lane..... all credit, he managed to eventually crawl in to finish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post

I was thinking about that as well. Cannot get the car early enough though for a 9.30 start though. hmmmmmm? May scurry off to the car share bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    I wish I could do something this weekend but I'm on nightshifts from tonight until Mon morning
    My first ever running race last year was this!

This was my other thought for this weekend if I cannot get to the LDWA event as it is a great route although I may change the second half if I run it this weekend?

Oh and I will def be doing the full this year. Want to see how much I have improved in a year. Reckon I will knock a couple of hours off my time.

Steady 5.5 on the flatest road around here.

Still felt heavy after yesterdays 6.5m & 2000 ft but feeling strong and turned out it was mara pace, so I'm happy this felt good.

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?