Page 388 of 1694 FirstFirst ... 2883383783863873883893903984384888881388 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 16931

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Fantastic AJF . Mind you, I can't for a life of me figure out how such an epic journey is just 'today's training' to you?
    We don't all have our own running adventure thread

Will put the route in Long Distance Challenges and now I have recceed have a go at a sub 15 hours solo. There are still a few places I am unsure of fastest route. Mainly bit between Coldbergh Edge and Rogans Seat? I went low into the valley and round to Keld due to water considerations and easy running but think if a good route exists on tops it would be faster that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Fantastic AJF . Mind you, I can't for a life of me figure out how such an epic journey is just 'today's training' to you?
    Wow, sounds ace, especially on a weekend that's been so nice. Any probs with water supplies though?

Now, how can I get me wife to go away for a long weekend....?

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Wow, sounds ace, especially on a weekend that's been so nice. Any probs with water supplies though?

Now, how can I get me wife to go away for a long weekend....?
    Bloody loads of problems! Springs and streams had all but dried up in a few places. Going from Sails to Hugh Seat was tough and as soon as I hit the end of the ridge I dropped to water. Great Shunner Fell I hit the top then straight down to streams again although the path was no-where near as runnable (or existant at points) as pennine way

Route to Rogans Seat was chosen mainly due to the lack of water on alternative route.

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    Bloody loads of problems! Springs and streams had all but dried up in a few places. Going from Sails to Hugh Seat was tough and as soon as I hit the end of the ridge I dropped to water. Great Shunner Fell I hit the top then straight down to streams again although the path was no-where near as runnable (or existant at points) as pennine way

Route to Rogans Seat was chosen mainly due to the lack of water on alternative route.
    Well done Tony. A good effort in that heat.

Should be on the LDC thread.

4mile to work on singlespeed up Ripponden Bank, 8mile home, felt good so beasted meself
    Hills and Guinness!

Went for a 3 miles sprint y'day.....was running through this wood when came across a group of yobs. Had to cross a single file bridge across a stream; didnt half feel intimidated. Wasnt helped when one of the bastards wanted to fight me. I was crossing the bridge and he was sat on it so i had to staddle round him. He said something to me but i didnt hear him properly so i said "what" (I know its not the politest thing to say but i was out of breath and "what" just dropped out of my mouth).
    He said back to me "who the f*** do you think you f***ing talkin to". Basically he's the brain dead village idiot and it always on drugs.
    Lucky a lad who was there used to playin footy with me and he told him to leave me and i was able to carry on running.
    That sort off stuff messes with your head and it was in the bakc of my mind all the way round till i got home.

am 5.6 mile steady 35 min hilly off road...pm 25 mile bike round trip to track 16 400s.

75 minutes on Pendle with 3 solid climbs thrown in - damn warm, even with tits out (again).

3.6 miles. Even managed 1.4 miles of it off-road. Another 1.4 miles further and it would have counted as 'training'. (Training as described in the book, Lore of Running: Doms Edition.)

Moel Eilio Race route from Llanberis, lovely clear night, warm and still on top, ran shirtless the whole way, summers really here. Felt tired. Did over 100 miles and 9000m ascent last week and it's catching up with me.