Page 430 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 3303804204284294304314324404805309301430 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Run number 2 on operation 'get it back', 10k on road around Broughton, first road-run in several years and it showed, 58.45!! Least said about that the better, still, nice to get that jelly-leg and pleasantly vacant feeling back again.....the quest continues.
    No pain no gain...if still no gain try more painkillers!

Another trot up Hameldon, quite warm but damn wet with a few hail stones thrown in to bounce of mi bonce - July FFS!! You can bet I'll get another dousing on the bike tommoz (and the motorbike tonight no doubt) - double FFS .

After 6 hours in the car back from worcester the dog and I were going crazy so went straight out for a run.

A lovely undulating road 10m, warm, rained a little and hordes of flies!!!

Easing down now for Wasdale

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?

after a boozy weekend and an easy week last week did a 5 mile brisk hilly cross country run today,stoodly tommorow

Today I went to the gym (again!)did 2000m row and 10 mile bike and some leg weights...the usual... but this time I was naughty as I could not resist a little go on the treadmill just to see how it felt.
    I did just over 3 miles, and although my foot didn't quite feel right and hurt just an ickle bit, it's not hurting now. Yipeeee! (I'll probably regret it in the morning but hey ho!)
    It will still be a while before I can go uphill as it's the bending of the foot thats a problem now. But hey, it's a start.
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Today I went to the gym (again!)did 2000m row and 10 mile bike and some leg weights...the usual... but this time I was naughty as I could not resist a little go on the treadmill just to see how it felt.
    I did just over 3 miles, and although my foot didn't quite feel right and hurt just an ickle bit, it's not hurting now. Yipeeee! (I'll probably regret it in the morning but hey ho!)
    It will still be a while before I can go uphill as it's the bending of the foot thats a problem now. But hey, it's a start.
    That's a naughty one MG nipping on the treadmill but good to know you felt okay make sure you take it easy over the next week or so. You will soon be chasing me up the fetchie table.

I have done 3.5 mile on the Pasture tonight my first since last weeks calf strain and felt great.

A short 38mins (c4.75 miles) tonight - nice and sunny but v wet underfoot in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    That's a naughty one MG nipping on the treadmill but good to know you felt okay make sure you take it easy over the next week or so. You will soon be chasing me up the fetchie table.

I have done 3.5 mile on the Pasture tonight my first since last weeks calf strain and felt great.
    Yep don't tell my doc!
    I'm not planning on making a habit of the running just yet, but if it feels ok I will try maybe twice a week until it is completely better.
    Think it'll be a while before I re-take my old place on the Fetchie table!
    Can't believe you got another calf strain, do you think you did too much when it wasn't fully healed? Or are you just prone to it? Must be frustrating!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Yep don't tell my doc!
    I'm not planning on making a habit of the running just yet, but if it feels ok I will try maybe twice a week until it is completely better.
    Think it'll be a while before I re-take my old place on the Fetchie table!
    Can't believe you got another calf strain, do you think you did too much when it wasn't fully healed? Or are you just prone to it? Must be frustrating!
    Yes its very frustrating. Not sure if it was to many miles to soon after the last one or just plain unlucky? At least this time I gave it 6 days rest and feel far better for it. Going to stick to the softer ground for the next few days just to let it settle more.

Want to get some hill running in over the next two weeks before the Snowdon Race.

Wise move to gradually build up after such an injury. I think sometimes we are all guilty of being impatient and end up doing to much to soon.

6 miles around Pex Hill tonight half of it with Tryfan and Sinatra.