Page 510 of 1694 FirstFirst ... 1041046050050850951051151252056061010101510 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 16931

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

My weekend has been.....Sat: Crowden car park over to Bleaklow and Hearn Clough and rain gauge on my Tankys route...Sun: Crowden CP up PW to Black Hill and over to Wasenden then in hard sthly wind and sleet back over to Crowden on my Tankys route...loads of walkers and only one runner (!), met coming up landrover track on his way to Black Hill. Good w/e..but cold today!
    Run and become...

10 miles with my eldest sprog around Gisburn Forest - lovely but very cold and wet for the last 4 miles.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Actually yesterday's training now. 10.5mi 3000ft figure 8 over Pendle with Bean Counter.

Out of Barley, up main footpath to Pendle. Where you hit the bottom of the steps and they go right, carried straight on to come up directly opposite the trig. Carried straight on again until we hit Ogden Clough, and took the path to the left. Crossed first stile in the fence on right and headed off in a NNW direction to the monument.

Took Mearley Clough route down through Little Mearley Wood, then followed various tracks/paths back to Pendle road. Turned right onto road, then c50yds on our right was the stile at the bottom of the Downham path from the hill. Climbed up this, then to the trig again, and carried on to Gerinimo. Down to Ogden Clough and headed back to Barley, taking a concrete track up to a gate. Climbed this. Got to Buttock Farm () then picked up the field route back into Barley (takes you above the water station - brings you out by the village hall.

About 2h25. Nice gentle pace.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Monday mornings!

4 miles up on to the moors on the track and back. Nice and fresh, cold and windy, great dawn light. Felt a lot better for it. Not a bad start to the week really!

Cyclocross race yesterday at brighouse...nearly as much running as on the bike..it was THAT muddy

easy 5 mile 700 ft this morning on forest trails
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

A slow run after yesterdays Roaches.

It was Ken Jones(KK KD etc route instigator) 60th Birthday Run round the Edale Skyline.
    He has done this for many years and it is a bit of Tradition.

By the original route up Grindslow then follow route round toward Win Hill where we cut down early in the rain and Sleet, up over Lose hill but by Hollins cross my legs were shot so i let them continue and I dropped back to Edale.

12 miles 2,000ft

2 days rest now

Ken was a good host though providing hot pasties, Oxtail soup, Mince pies and Sherry! The whiskey was due out on Brown Knoll so I missed that.

Happy Birthday Ken

Easy day today, just 5.2 miles at or about 8 minute miling
    Hoping for a far more successful 2009

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Actually yesterday's training now. 10.5mi 3000ft figure 8 over Pendle with Bean Counter.

Out of Barley, up main footpath to Pendle. Where you hit the bottom of the steps and they go right, carried straight on to come up directly opposite the trig. Carried straight on again until we hit Ogden Clough, and took the path to the left. Crossed first stile in the fence on right and headed off in a NNW direction to the monument.

Took Mearley Clough route down through Little Mearley Wood, then followed various tracks/paths back to Pendle road. Turned right onto road, then c50yds on our right was the stile at the bottom of the Downham path from the hill. Climbed up this, then to the trig again, and carried on to Gerinimo. Down to Ogden Clough and headed back to Barley, taking a concrete track up to a gate. Climbed this. Got to Buttock Farm () then picked up the field route back into Barley (takes you above the water station - brings you out by the village hall.

About 2h25. Nice gentle pace.
    Epilogue:

Knee started feeling a bit tender behind the kneecap on the Downham side, but perservered. Started getting more painful last night, but had eased off this morning. Went for a run at lunchtime around the mean streets of Manchester, and had to go back after approx 1.5mi. Agony. Reminds me of when my ITBS first flared up. Got a first aider at work to strap it up. Gonna have to rest it between now and the Tour of Pendle on Saturday.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

41:39min around the lower Chew...
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

9.5miles easy running round Totley/Blacka/Houndkirk and Burbage, nice and squelchy too