Page 681 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 18158163167167968068168268369173178111811681 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Merry, I concur. The powers of recovery of the human body are amazing. I couldn't feel the Fellsman in my legs when I ran the Marlborough Downs 33 yesterday, getting a PB in the process. This ultra running lark is a bit addictive, methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Merry, I concur. The powers of recovery of the human body are amazing. I couldn't feel the Fellsman in my legs when I ran the Marlborough Downs 33 yesterday, getting a PB in the process. This ultra running lark is a bit addictive, methinks!
    Well done Nick
    Addictive it is, and good for the soul
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Well done Nick
    Another good effort

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    first run in over week

a modest 50 minutes with a good stretching section in the middle but it looks like the physio has done his job as my hip/back felt pretty good despite the 'manipulation' yesterday

slightly longer hillier run tommorrow.
    Just over an hour on the hills today, pushed a bit harder. Hip/back feels ok if a little stiff/bruised.

IanFs PB was postponed to due to 'adverse weather'.

Master

A walk to the spice of life (Best kebab in manchester). 10 minute rest then a swift jog back home. Thats enough. Tomorrow 9 miles on the unloved surface with 1500ft of ascent
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

A couple of 'awayday' runs this w/e en route to and from parents house.

Yesterday: c5 miles from Langsett Barn - reservoir path - up Cut Gate path, turn back after 20mins, across to North America farm then main track and woodland path back to reservoir road back to Car Park.

Today: despite being surrounded by the hills, an 11.5 mile low level flattish trail run around the Longdendale reservoirs & back to Hadfield (Dinting Road end) partially along the L. Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    A couple of 'awayday' runs this w/e en route to and from parents house.

Yesterday: c5 miles from Langsett Barn - reservoir path - up Cut Gate path, turn back after 20mins, across to North America farm then main track and woodland path back to reservoir road back to Car Park.

Today: despite being surrounded by the hills, an 11.5 mile low level flattish trail run around the Longdendale reservoirs & back to Hadfield (Dinting Road end) partially along the L. Trail.
    Your run from yesterday is pretty much what i did today but in reverse. I live about 4 miles toward sheffield so if you are down here again drop me a line.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Your run from yesterday is pretty much what i did today but in reverse. I live about 4 miles toward sheffield so if you are down here again drop me a line.
    Will do Ian - must admit I was wondering whether I'd bump into you/anyone whilst up there - were a couple of other runners out (younger male & female) on Cut Gate plus mountain bikers but generally quiet with mostly dog walkers on reservoir/woodland paths.

4 miles... was supposed to be about 8 or 9 but jarred my knee early on and kept on getting twinges. No point risking it, there's always tomorrow.

Race no 3 in the DP summer series, "Washington Wasp" from near Langsett Barn (4.5m, ~300m). Very wet underfoot and a nice refreshing shower half way round to cool us down.

44m 23s = just under a minute quicker than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Race no 3 in the DP summer series, "Washington Wasp" from near Langsett Barn (4.5m, ~300m). Very wet underfoot and a nice refreshing shower half way round to cool us down.

44m 23s = just under a minute quicker than last year.
    Great race. one of my favourites of the Monday 'Summer'! series as there are so many different lines and not just a follow my leader.

40m 09s and 2.20 faster than last year. I was leading at half way but Mr Crowson was just toying with me. I came in 1 miute behind.