Page 819 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 3197197698098178188198208218298699191319 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Some of you seem to be getting plenty of running in, I dont know how. Off work again here in Holmfirth , black ice on the hill means I cant get the car out and the buses arent running, so I set out for a long trail run. The roads there were deadly, but then the trail wasnt much fun either, any packed bits were iced over and slippy and other bit had deep new drifts where the dog was crunching through and getting stuck, so bumbled around for 4 miles and headed Holm. Even the dog fel once and skidded a lot, and if a border collie cant make it no one can.

Ah well another day by the fie with hot choc, I might watch some movies...for work that is!!!

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Trossachs? View Post
    Some of you seem to be getting plenty of running in, I dont know how.
    Think it's very dependant on local conditions and altitude. If I turn right out of my front door, and head up the hill, then there's nice ankle deep powdery snow on a firm base. If I turn left and down the hill, it's slushy crap and black ice.... There's a definate height on the hills where it's nice to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Trossachs? View Post
    Ah well another day by the fire with hot choc, I might watch some movies...for work that is!!!

Jason
    Doesn't sound such a bad fall back plan - my house is nice and warm, but I wish we had a log fire for post run lounging infront of.

2 runs today, one this morning around 40 mins with the mutts and another this aft without at a very fast pace for an hour.

Some nice speed climbs thrown in.

Pure ice on some of the paths was mental!

Back in one piece, preparing for tomorrows onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    7 mile road run to Job Centre Plus in Halifax, singlespeed crosser out tomorrow for first time in a month to sign on, full time athlete for now
    Hope you're not a full time athlete for long Merry.

A lovely 5 and a bit miler in the deep powder (ankle deep mostly, but well past knee deep on the drifts) Ran a nice woodland ridge about 300 metres high or so, nearest hill to me in Ledbury, made new tracks which was hard going but the descent was like skiing, Couldn't believe it. If only I had some skis...bahh.

military fitness last night: nothing like press-ups, sit-ups and burpees in a few inches of snow to make your dinner taste good

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    military fitness last night: nothing like press-ups, sit-ups and burpees in a few inches of snow to make your dinner taste good
    Not too soon after dinner I hope?

Good pace for 1.5 hours this morning, loads of climbs, and went down on my arse on some ice in a wooded section for the first time this Ice age

Can really feel the benefits now, can't wait for a race to see how it translates.

12k run today mostly on trodden snow paths in my brand new Inov 330s. I ended up descending the sledging area and the bottom is littered with broken plastic sledges that people have just left there How heavy is a few pieces of plastic sledge to take home
    No country for old men.

a slow hilly 6 miles on the road struggled to get any air in to the lungs and legs felt very heavy