Page 871 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 3717718218618698708718728738819219711371 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,710 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Sunday. hathersage to Rod Moor,Emlin, Back Tor and onto High Neb and down into hathersage. great conditions, but the stretch from Emlin to Back Tor was grim.
    it always is

Master
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Ran the 3 Peaks yesterday (walkers route as opposed to the race route). Bit of a mixed bag, really. Was down at the Hill Inn in about 3 hours, took me more than 2 to make it from there back to Horton though. ITB in my left knee started giving me grief after the descent from Whernside and I was pretty much spent after leaving the top of Ingleborough. Add to that the first time I've worn my X-Talons and a couple of pretty tasty blisters, it was a pretty painful experience! Nice weather though.
    Some pictures from yesterday posted in my blog (link in signature).
    Geoff Clarke

A nice steady lunch time 10 miles, approx 1200' acculative gain in 1hr 14min. Half road / half track. Legs felt heavy between the 5 - 7 miles but generally overall felt good.

Ran from Edale up to Mam Nick and then the second half of the Edale Skyline route yesterday with two clubmates. Couldn't believe how easy it was to run on the frozen bog between CP7 and CP8. Slushy snow/ice (how is that possible?) between CP9 and Ringing Roger was a different proposition, but the amazing blue sky and general fantasticness of the conditions left us all feeling quite exhilarated.

5 mile blast round the Ewden valley in the last race of the winter series. This one was handicaped and boy was I.

It took me 30 minutes to run the route and I had to give some runners 15 minutes start.

Oh well roll on the Summer series in 2 weeks

Super Moderator

Two laps of village on road Set out for a recovery run on sore legs but felt good so threw in a couple of efforts
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Ran the 3 Peaks yesterday (walkers route as opposed to the race route). Bit of a mixed bag, really. Was down at the Hill Inn in about 3 hours, took me more than 2 to make it from there back to Horton though. ITB in my left knee started giving me grief after the descent from Whernside and I was pretty much spent after leaving the top of Ingleborough. Add to that the first time I've worn my X-Talons and a couple of pretty tasty blisters, it was a pretty painful experience! Nice weather though.
    Just enjoyed the longer version and photos on your blog. Sorry about the ITB. What on earth is NUUN water, and is the walkers' route much different from the runners' one?
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Just enjoyed the longer version and photos on your blog. Sorry about the ITB. What on earth is NUUN water, and is the walkers' route much different from the runners' one?
    Nuuns are tablets you put in water to relieve or prevent cramp

The walkers route continues round whernside before climbing much further but a gentler climb, in fact you can run allthe way up if you pace it, Not so the race route which is a hands on knees thrutch up the hill

Todays short jaunt for me only 4 miles recceing a forth coming club race but couldn't take my prospective line as it was on fire!!! Lots of heather burning going on at the moment.

Now there's an idea for a new branch off sport. Extreme Fell Running where the course is set on fire or snipers at specific points with rubber bullets if you get hit your finished or even hounds chasing. All these are in the spirit of Fell running as you would have to look after yourself as normal. Oh i forgot electric stiles,fences and checkpoints are an idea too. What do you think Ian. Think it could catch on.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.