Page 890 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 3907908408808888898908918929009409901390 ... LastLast
Results 8,891 to 8,900 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

I've been planning some thing special in the peak recently and given i couldn't make it to Scotland or the lakes I decided to have a bash at it.

Needless to say there was lots of snow at times over heather. strong winds, rain sleet, and very very muddy making the going quite tough.

Took a prospective BGer with me for training(He's a lurker)I think I probably would have made it solo but It was just a long training run for us both so i'll chalk it down to a recce. a couple of weeks and the full route will go hopefully

a good 9.00 hour trip and got back to the car very cold and wet.

30.1 mile 7,100ft mainly open moor with the odd track/trod/path

wil do a few miles on road bike today, loosen my legs up after calder valley.
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Banned

Ran from Hucks Bridge on the A6 (nr Shap) along the ridge to Whinfell Beacon the reversed.
    Didnt see a single soul....Fantastic especially as its Easter weekend and the Lakes are chocker.
    First skylarks Ive heard this year.

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/w0063.htm

Outstanding run today, up Margery Hill and High Stones from Bar Dyke. Couple of miles on a trail to get started, then about 5ish across the open moors to take in the 2 summits and then last 2 1/2 back on the dukes road as a warm down. route was about 10 miles, 900 feet climbing, but I forgot the GPS logger so they are gueses based on Grough route.

Pretty biggy underfoot, went up to my thigh once or twice, but more runnable than I expected. Couldn't believe the number of hare I saw, must have been a dozen at least plus a few curlews and many grouse. Set out with a sore knee and stiff back so a little worried, but all is good!

The entire Malvern range from Chase end to End hill... and back again.

A bit of a killer.

19 miles, 1676metres up, 1336 metres down. 5hrs 10min (ish)

Stupidly thought that it would only take three and a half hours so ran with a handful of jelly babies and some fig rolls, luckily decided at last minute to Nuun the water otherwise I think I'd have felt a bit worse than I do now.

Ran the out quite well, walked a few of the peaks, the back was okay until Hereford Beacon then I fell apart...

Anyway, made it back but had to walk all of the last four.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Outstanding run today, up Margery Hill and High Stones from Bar Dyke. Couple of miles on a trail to get started, then about 5ish across the open moors to take in the 2 summits and then last 2 1/2 back on the dukes road as a warm down. route was about 10 miles, 900 feet climbing, but I forgot the GPS logger so they are gueses based on Grough route.

Pretty biggy underfoot, went up to my thigh once or twice, but more runnable than I expected. Couldn't believe the number of hare I saw, must have been a dozen at least plus a few curlews and many grouse. Set out with a sore knee and stiff back so a little worried, but all is good!
    Paul

The moors to the east of of High stones has huge population of hares. Be aware though that there are snares on those moors. A nicer today today than yesterday. I'll be out on Monday if you fancy a trot, Probably heading out from Strines Inn

When are you going out on Monday Ian? Think I'm at the inlaws for lunch, so it's have to be early evening for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    When are you going out on Monday Ian? Think I'm at the inlaws for lunch, so it's have to be early evening for me.
    Early morning as the family get back late lunch and I need to be home and have it tidied

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Full three peaks course solo (taking permissive route to L of race route on W) - 4.55. Made Hill Inn at 3.15 at steady pace then just ran out of steam gradually jogging, walking,crawling down Ingleborough. Nearly threw up at one point near the end which is something I have never done. Hope I am not coming down with something.

Snow on PG, hailstones on IB very muddy throughout.

A trott up West Nab & back along the water courses back to Slawit. A shade under six miles, a shade under fifty minutes.