Page 896 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 3967968468868948958968978989069469961396 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,960 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Pretty busy, I bumped into a fella who looked and spoke just like you up there today as well hehe

I see you didn't manage to make it to the Pendle Inn, we holed up in there on steak butties and some fine ale for a while
    Nah got straight off was goin to for for an ice cream but barley was bloody heaving, tourists
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Slow and steady with Rob and Mary followed by a run home with Allan from PFPR, Took in an aircraft wreck or two
    About 14 miles and 1100ft

Pretty busy, I bumped into a fella who looked and spoke just like you ...
    Topless running also was in order for me this morning up on Pendle, and it seemed to be a running theme with everyone except the women ( ) I met!! ..
    Pendle was nice and quiet this morning before 10 not many tourist out then, only met GS from Horwich. Not amy topless men (or women )
    Last edited by Martins Mrs; 11-04-2010 at 06:52 PM.

A steady 8 miler up the PW, along Standedge & down the Wessenden Valley, up Deer Hill & along the water courses home. 1100ft climb and a bit of sunburn.

The Ingleton falls trail, 4.5m 800'. Did it backwards to avoid paying but twice stopped to pick up disgarded tickets so i'll not charge them for my services . I wasn't really ready for afternoon tea by the time i got to the West Winds tea rooms in Buckden so i had a quick dash up the Pike (but didn't meet Stolly) and binged on two slices of coffee cake for high tea . Took the same route out as the race and came down the tourist path; 5m, 1550'. Today's total: an ambitious 9.5m 2350' my knee's ok for the time being but my ankles hurt again, going to have to calm down but it was such a nice day.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    The Ingleton falls trail, 4.5m 800'. Did it backwards to avoid paying but twice stopped to pick up disgarded tickets so i'll not charge them for my services . I wasn't really ready for afternoon tea by the time i got to the West Winds tea rooms in Buckden so i had a quick dash up the Pike (but didn't meet Stolly) and binged on two slices of coffee cake for high tea . Took the same route out as the race and came down the tourist path; 5m, 1550'. Today's total: an ambitious 9.5m 2350' my knee's ok for the time being but my ankles hurt again, going to have to calm down but it was such a nice day.
    Did the ingleton waterfall trail last year with Ben johnstone from the club, great route and we didnt have to pay just ran straight through
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

An hour's run down by the river... Need to get back to running up some hills, my calves are complaining about all the flat running I am doing at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    Did the ingleton waterfall trail last year with Ben johnstone from the club, great route and we didnt have to pay just ran straight through
    Yeah it's a cracking route if a bit congested at the best of times, those steps are good for the quads but you have to watch out for sticky uppy rocks aplenty. Even if you don't park in their laughably overpriced carpark i think you still have to pay to walk the route, if they were charging a more sensible fee i wouldn't have a problem but £8 or whatever it is...who do they think they are kidding? you could park for 5 hours in the centre of Leeds for that.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Nice route from Dent over Whernside, Twistleton, waterfalls and loop back and up Gragareth, Great Combe and back to Dent. One for this summer again me thinks.

Steady run getting back into it after 10 days off:

Distance - 7.8 miles
    Time - 57.48
    Elevation gain - approx 1200 ft
    Terrain - 1/2 track & 1/2 road gently undulating

Good weather and very enjoyable
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.