Page 898 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 3987988488888968978988999009089489981398 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,980 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Master

Re: Today's Training

Missed a few days due to being in London. i have to say change of scene did me good and really enjoyed running along the Thames from Wandsworth to The Millenium bridge mainly on the North side and returned all the way back on the South Side (approx 15 miles?). Reckon I saw more than any American Tourist 'doing' London in a day!

A quick test ride on the bike for 40 mins this morning and then a 7 miler on Pendle with 3 of The Tour climbs thrown in. Legs still had yesterday's ride in them so more a case of dragging myself round and over Pendle. Lovely afternoon, a few runners out as well as the usual smattering of walkers armed with carbon poles. Hope legs freshen up for the morning.

you out again in morning. missed you today

Feeling a bit crap with a cold but hadn't got out on Monday or yesterday, so put in 6.5 gentle miles (1:12) and a paltry 400' of ascent on trails around the village, including two trips up to the monument on Lilleshall Hill. Saw a big gaggle of runners (well, around 12, so 12 more than I usually see) on the Monument second time around (about quarter past seven). Newport & District Running Club??

Jim

Did some speed work on the track with club, 3x400 meters to warm up then flat out for 30 secs with jog back (8x200 meters) then 2x400 meters cool down.

Did the Lyke Wake Walk on Monday. Tried to pace it at something like Fellsman effort... which pretty much worked. It took me 9h10m for 40m/5000ft, which I know in terms of speed is quicker than I'll manage at the Fellsman, but I think my effort output was just about right. I was definitely tired at the end, but not dead on my feet. A few pics and a write-up on my blog in my signature.
    Geoff Clarke

Recce of the 3 Peaks yesterday. Having not done it before I was very surprised by the amount of rocky, man made tracks ! Not the most "runnable" course ! Don't think I'll be P.B-ing on the 24th ! Having said that, the weather was fantastic &, of course, the views amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Did the Lyke Wake Walk on Monday. Tried to pace it at something like Fellsman effort... which pretty much worked. It took me 9h10m for 40m/5000ft, which I know in terms of speed is quicker than I'll manage at the Fellsman, but I think my effort output was just about right. I was definitely tired at the end, but not dead on my feet. A few pics and a write-up on my blog in my signature.
    well done, Don't remember that much climbing on the LLW but I guess over 40 miles it's easily accrued.

I Need to get out and do some longer hilly stuff, all I seem to be doing are shor fast races

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    well done, Don't remember that much climbing on the LLW but I guess over 40 miles it's easily accrued.

I Need to get out and do some longer hilly stuff, all I seem to be doing are shor fast races
    Cheers. I thought the same, but I read a guide and that's what it quoted... I thought it sounded good!
    Geoff Clarke

[Yesterday's]

10.2 miles 2,400 feet. 1 hour 30. Up Birchenough, then Shutlingsloe, then Wetstone ridge. Nice. I was testing myself with Kinder Downfall in mind. It felt OK.

It's amazing how dry it is. I had sore knees by the end of it, and should have worn by road shoes. I'm also amazed that there are still pockets of snow in the bits out of the sun.

The best bit was when I was descending off Shutlingsloe and one of the local kids (I think I know which one) surprised me by jumping up from the reeds saying "raaaaaaaah" completely covered in camouflage and army-type webbing stuff. I have to say I was quite impressed.