Page 903 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 40380385389390190290390490591395310031403 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,030 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Wednesday - Gentle club 5 miles, 600ft
    Thursday - Hard 8.6 miles, 900ft up and down the Porter Valley
    Tonight - short leg loosener in advance of Kinder Downfall on Sunday
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

No training today, just filling my face before the 3 Peaks.
    Will tinker with the MGB this afternoon. If you see a frustrated blue MGB driver tomorrow, please give me a lift.

Super Moderator

45mins in hotel gym on stepper, treadmill, recumbent bike and elliptical trainer followed by 80squats. Looking forward to a proper run out next week
    Poacher turned game-keeper

A puzzling Calder Valley Round in 3:21. Puzzling because I couldn't nav my way from Gibson to Staups mill sensibly and consequently my round had 400 feet of extra ascent!

The Austrian village of Gumpoldskirchen (260mtrs) is situated on the main north-south railway line, approximately 20 kms south of Vienna. Behind the surrounding vineyards and the narrow streets of baroque houses there is an impressive area of decidious woodland and a large limestone hill called the Anninger which rises to 675mtrs.

Today was sunny and warm and Gumpoldskirchen seemed an ideal early season venue for an early season training run. There are 5 waymarked routes of varying difficulty to/from the village. I chose a route based on the 'Klinger Runde', a 10.60km trail with 380mtrs hd. Generously, I allowed myself 1hr 40mins. More than ample.

The waymarked path was not 100% idiot-proof despite the many strategically placed fingerposts and I had to consult the Tourist Information Office's map 3 or 4 times en-route. At a couple of woodland taverns groups of mountain bikers were sitting outside and refreshing themselves.

At the summit I was joined by another runner, also new to the area, and we consulted the map. There followed next a quite steep descent down a tricky and narrow path, repeatedly going along one side then the other a narrow stream (almost a waterfall); wet limestone rocks and old sticks hidden in piles of leaf mulch waited for the unwary and inattentive. This time we passed by safely.

My first training venture on the slopes of the Anninger. Exploring new paths is a great delight. I can't wait to go back.

Wot, Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    45mins in hotel gym on stepper, treadmill, recumbent bike and elliptical trainer followed by 80squats. Looking forward to a proper run out next week

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Wot, Wednesday?
    Could be

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by woodlander View Post
    The Austrian village of Gumpoldskirchen (260mtrs) is situated on the main north-south railway line, approximately 20 kms south of Vienna. Behind the surrounding vineyards and the narrow streets of baroque houses there is an impressive area of decidious woodland and a large limestone hill called the Anninger which rises to 675mtrs.

Today was sunny and warm and Gumpoldskirchen seemed an ideal early season venue for an early season training run. There are 5 waymarked routes of varying difficulty to/from the village. I chose a route based on the 'Klinger Runde', a 10.60km trail with 380mtrs hd. Generously, I allowed myself 1hr 40mins. More than ample.

The waymarked path was not 100% idiot-proof despite the many strategically placed fingerposts and I had to consult the Tourist Information Office's map 3 or 4 times en-route. At a couple of woodland taverns groups of mountain bikers were sitting outside and refreshing themselves.

At the summit I was joined by another runner, also new to the area, and we consulted the map. There followed next a quite steep descent down a tricky and narrow path, repeatedly going along one side then the other a narrow stream (almost a waterfall); wet limestone rocks and old sticks hidden in piles of leaf mulch waited for the unwary and inattentive. This time we passed by safely.

My first training venture on the slopes of the Anninger. Exploring new paths is a great delight. I can't wait to go back.
    I'm enjoying your Austrian training reports Woodlander They remind me of a couple from Salzburg I met in Malaysia a few years ago and a week I spent in their home town the following winter. Please keep posting them

Hi Derby Tup,
    Will do!
    I have an old mountain bike tucked away in Salzkammergut (Austrian Lake District). I try to get there when I can. Lovely part of the world.

Watched the Hamburg Marathon on NDR.
    Went for a solid medium paced run.
    Got back in time to see the finish of the London Marathon on Eurosport.

Parkland and woodland trails - approx. 12 kms with 300mtrs +/-
    62 mins.