Page 904 of 1438 FirstFirst ... 40480485489490290390490590691495410041404 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 14372

Thread: Today's Training

  1. #9031
    Super Moderator Derby Tup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Worth
    Posts
    16,315

    Re: Today's Training

    45mins in gym again this morning. I'm starting to enjoy it in an almost perverted way
    Poacher turned game-keeper

  2. #9032
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182

    Re: Today's Training

    It is important to incorporate exercise into our daily routine. This is necessary to maintain cardiovascular health and maintain muscle mass.

    If you're over 40, you might want to take it easy at first, then do more repetitions as you become more proficient and build stamina. Warning: It may be too strenuous for some.

    Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program!



    SCROLL DOWN.......



























































































































    NOW SCROLL UP..

    That's enough for the first day. Great job.

    Have a glass of wine.
    Hills and Guinness!

  3. #9033
    Senior Member fellgazelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    867

    Re: Today's Training

    Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    It is important to incorporate exercise into our daily routine. This is necessary to maintain cardiovascular health and maintain muscle mass.

    If you're over 40, you might want to take it easy at first, then do more repetitions as you become more proficient and build stamina. Warning: It may be too strenuous for some.
    SCROLL DOWN.....

    NOW SCROLL UP..

    That's enough for the first day. Great job.

    Have a glass of wine.
    Now that's my idea of training
    Do what you like, like what you do

  4. #9034
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,986

    Re: Today's Training

    A tough weekend running but successful

    Saturday The 3 peaks at Race Pace
    Sunday Ditto Kinder Downfall...
    PB's in Both
    Very Happy

  5. #9035
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    961

    Re: Today's Training

    Saturday.Nantmor to Foel Gron then to Snowdon Ranger.managed that first leg in 3 hours 27 mins despite it still taking 30 mins to get off Y Garn. then on to Sbowdon in 2:3 mins. All in all successful despite searing heat.

  6. #9036
    Master Antisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Today's Training

    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    A tough weekend running but successful

    Saturday The 3 peaks at Race Pace
    Sunday Ditto Kinder Downfall...
    PB's in Both
    Very Happy
    Very impressed, I was gong to do a 25 mile fixie ride this am, that got moved to pm that got changed to using a geared bike for a short ride that became I'm to knackered to do anything. Am totally shagged today think I got round despite my training rather than because of it

  7. #9037
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,986

    Re: Today's Training

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Very impressed, I was gong to do a 25 mile fixie ride this am, that got moved to pm that got changed to using a geared bike for a short ride that became I'm to knackered to do anything. Am totally shagged today think I got round despite my training rather than because of it
    Cheers AS, I find the day after I'm tired but ok to run quite hard, it's the day after that I feel it which doesn't bode well for Tomorrows race

  8. #9038

    Re: Today's Training

    even after just ten days' not running, feel like I'm losing fitness fast

    need to get a couple of 20-24 milers in before Duddon - argh!

    military fitness tonight hopefully ....

  9. #9039
    Master jodg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kerikeri, Northland
    Posts
    2,550

    Re: Today's Training

    Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    even after just ten days' not running, feel like I'm losing fitness fast

    need to get a couple of 20-24 milers in before Duddon - argh!

    military fitness tonight hopefully ....
    Did you not get to the 3Ps then Zoot? What happened? I did but only ran for about 40mins. Talk about using up loads of brownie points with the missus.... :-(

  10. #9040

    Re: Today's Training

    Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Did you not get to the 3Ps then Zoot? What happened? I did but only ran for about 40mins. Talk about using up loads of brownie points with the missus.... :-(
    yeah unlucky mate, I read about your tumble, sounded like it smarted a bit

    no I didn't and I'm still fuming, especially having seen the pics. Had quite a deep blister on my big toe joint that beame infected and the doc put the frighteners on me by saying it could go into the bone if I ran before it was fully healed.

    It was literally a case of a day or two more - it's pretty much healed now. Might well have been alright anyway, but when the doc says 'you could lose a toe', it's not so easy to ignore.

    I don't get to many races so missing one always feels like a mini-tragedy to me, and it'll certainly mean I'm less fit for Duddon and Ennerdale.

Similar Threads

  1. Today's DIY
    By Harry H Howgill in forum General chat!
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 11:45 AM
  2. Today's Look Ma No Car!
    By Alexandra in forum Training
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 31-12-2011, 10:20 AM
  3. Today's BG training
    By mr brightside in forum Bob Graham
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-05-2010, 05:54 PM
  4. Today's DVD
    By Deejay in forum General chat!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2008, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •