Page 912 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 41281286290291091191291391492296210121412 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Just done 7miles on the road, slowly but did it without walking. Nice to get some miles under my belt as currently running feel like I'm rubbish....

3hrs walk: Lobau National Park (flat but fine )

Severe weather warning issued for most of Austria tomorrow. Snow,freezing temperatures and +100km winds on the Schafberg predicted so not worth risking the journey. Local panorama race already cancelled...ah, well, so it goes. Shall probably end up on the Kettler in front of the TV.

21 miles, 2,000ft on trail

felt absolutely rubbish after 7 miles and then it was like running through a low-level bonk for two and a half hours

might have been the warmth, might be I'm just not as fit as I thought I was, but it was bloody awful, made me want to withdraw from duddon and ennerdale

pleased with myself for not giving up but much frustration at lack of energy

I do think trail can be harder than fell sometimes cos you tend to run every up (or at least I try to) - no respite

*moan, groan*

Trails? You grind 'em out Zoot.

Very wet trails here. e.g. local stream with two stepping stones is now a 10mtrs wide raging river. They said, for the record, that we've just had one month's rain in half an hour. Whatever it was, a woman's name beginning with J, it's nearly blown itself out now...and so I got in a 2hour trail run, slippery but great fun, exhilarating fresh air 8°C, trees waving their torn flags. Local triathlon club's trail race cancelled. I think they'd have got away with it. But better safe than sorry. Also managed a 1hour tootle around the TV on the old exercise bike.

had a good day today.Started at keswick ran on the cumbria way to Great Calva,accoss to little calva up bakestall and to skiddaw summit then back down very nice route.Legs were jelly after bombing down skiddaw.

route from mates GPS thingy

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/3...4?sms_ss=email
    Last edited by andygib1982; 17-05-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Blustery showers. 12°C. Rain jacket on and off every 10 minutes. Nipped into the bar of the hotel atop the Sophienalpe (conveniently situated at halfway point on the route). Just had the one beer. About 1hr 45mins actually running. Also 1 hr on old TV-exercise-bike a bit earlier. Tempted to move nearer the bigger mountains if the weather improves. Snow line is approx 1200 mtrs I think.

Super Moderator

4 x 500ft hill reps on Ilkley Moor. Gorgeous evening. Ran in (Fell Ponies) vest and shorts
    Poacher turned game-keeper

5 Miles from home down to and around Bramley Fall woods.

As DT said, glorious evening - loved running through the bluebell woods particularly as all the local chav-ish dog walkers were probably sat at home watching deadenders

Quick run just before sunset on Burbage tonight - was going to head up Kinder, but ran out of time. 5 Climbs across the valley, 5 descents also..... excellent use of 50 minutes, just got back to the van before dark. 5 miles, 1400' of climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Quick run just before sunset on Burbage tonight - was going to head up Kinder, but ran out of time. 5 Climbs across the valley, 5 descents also..... excellent use of 50 minutes, just got back to the van before dark. 5 miles, 1400' of climbing.
    You missed a cracker tonight Paul. 5 miles flat out in the 4th race on the summer series, brilliant speed session.
    Langsett to Mickledon pond and back.