Thread: Running under the weather

Cool Running under the weather

For much of February and nire on all of March I was feeling pretty run down, tired and exhausted seemingly most of the time. I carried on running so it can't have been that bad but I'd fall asleep all the time in the evenings and wake up in the mornings already worn out. It may have been a reaction to the extreme winter weather hereabouts or the hang over from a bugger of a cold in January but, in early March, I suddenly discovered that I had a huge absess above one of my teeth on my top inside gum..... which then proceeded to burst... in my mouth (I can still remember the taste of blood and puss ).

I couldn't get it sorted until 1st April (root filling ahoy ) but ever since then I've had tons more energy and get up and go. Does anybody know whether an absess could cause you to feel down in the dumps? Or was that just coincidental?

Re: Running under the weather

Well, it is an infection that has to be tackled with antibiotics in tandem with root canal, and I've always thought that it has a knock on effect to overall health.

I had two at once several years ago and I can't ever remember feeling as ill - aside from the pain which could be controlled, just permanently tired and run down all the time. Once it was sorted I was like a new man! But I've never know to what extent that feeling was psychologically or infection influenced.

Any dentisits on the forum?

Glad you've got it sorted Stolly, there's nowt worse...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Re: Running under the weather

That sort of infection will knock you sideways till it's fixed. Your body is throwing all its energy at fighting back, leaving none for the finer things in life. Glad you got it sorted.