Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st/2nd claim

1st/2nd claim

I'm sure this subject has been done to death before, but humour me, because i am a thickie about this stuff.

Suppose a person is a member of 2 clubs- one affiliated for fell only, and one affiliated for road/track/xc but not affiliated for fell. They presumably are running first claim for either club depending on the surface. Can they then join a 3rd club, affiliated for everything and run 2nd claim for that club on any surface, as long as they are not required as team member for their first claim club?

Re: 1st/2nd claim

H,
    This thread might(?) help.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    H,
    This thread might(?) help.
    The info was very useful
    I'm still not, however, a member of a club

Thanks, that does help... a bit. I had looked at the UKA website but i felt like my head would fall off so i thought i'd put it on here in the hope that someone who knew the answer would pop up. I think according to rule 9 its ok to have 2 first claim clubs, (ignoring the whole business of multi-terrain races), but i still don't get this bit about whether each race in question allows 2nd claim runners. Got to say the whole business makes me want to take up knitting instead

From what I can fathom out, the easiest way is to join the road / track / xc club first claim and the fell club second claim - thereby making you eligible for team comps in fell champs. If I ever become a fell runner that's what I'll probably do..

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    From what I can fathom out, the easiest way is to join the road / track / xc club first claim and the fell club second claim - thereby making you eligible for team comps in fell champs. If I ever become a fell runner that's what I'll probably do..
    That's true, but the problem is about joining a 3rd club!

Quote Originally Posted by Longdogs View Post
    ...I think according to rule 9 its ok to have 2 first claim clubs, ...
    Irrespective of what is theoretically possible under rule 9, in practice you can't be registered with UKA as 1st claim for two different clubs.

We had a situation where one of our members moved to the deepest South and wanted to race XC and road with the local club but wanted to continue to race on the Fells with us. Her new club was not registered for Fell running so in theory it's a straightforward case of a split first claim. Eventually, after many emails etc with conflicting advice on what to do from UKA, she transferred her first claim status to the local club. Both we and her new club fully understand the situation but we never did find a way to get UKA to record it correctly.

That's even more confusing! If UKA can't even interpret their own rules enough to enforce them, it's no wonder it's so unclear.

Re: the second claim according to the race, can anyone shed any more light on this? I organise a race, and if someone asked me whether they were allowed to run for their 2nd claim club, i'd have no idea what to tell them. (Other than i don't personally care). Do FRA or WFRA rules have anything to say about this? Is it different to road running rules? Do they outrank UKA rules? Arrrrgggghhh

Why don't you join Pennine as well and run for us whenever you're in the Peak District?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Why don't you join Pennine as well and run for us whenever you're in the Peak District?
    Never said i was asking for myself