Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inov-8 Race Elite 25

Angry Inov-8 Race Elite 25

Hi there

I have been a big fan of Inov-8 shoes, so when I needed a new bag I decided not to buy another OMM, but purchased the above a couple of weeks back and used it for the first time last weekend to run a twenty five miler. The waist is slightly big for me, therefore it jogged up and down, and the strap rubbed against my neck and I spent most of the run holding onto the front straps because it had started to hurt. I now have what looks like a 'love-bite' on my neck and my colleagues have given me a bit of a ribbing over it!

I wrote to Inov-8 to explain what had happened and got a really blase email back saying that they were aware of the problem, but it was my problem for having a small waist. They then went on to suggest that I should carry more (why would I buy 212g of X-Talon to fill my bag with more weight than I need! ), un stitch the buckle and fasten on the hip fins or buy a back pack! Funny, but it does not say any of this on the big marketing label that is attached to the bag when you buy it.

I am disgusted in the response - I had written to them to give them some constructive criticism and have raved about their products on sites such as Ransacker and recommended them to all my fellow club runners. Has anyone else had a similar experience with the customer service at Inov-8 - it makes me want to go back to Walshes?

Super Moderator

Re: Inov-8 Race Elite 25

Suggest you send a pm to Inov-8 Insider
    Poacher turned game-keeper

re. the fit, try shortening the shoulder straps a bit. I found with my Inov8 sack that made a big difference: the waist strap then comes higher up (like round the belly button!), but it fits a lot snugger and better all-round.

I already have the strap tied to the shortest it can go and that made no difference... Inov-8 told me the opposite - to lengthen the straps so that the bag sat on my hips and not my waist! I cannot imagine anything more uncomfortable and it would not help my running.

If you ask me (and I know you didn’t) wearing something for the first time and running 25 miles is asking for trouble
    Frequent but moderate workouts on a consistent basis are the key to success

I didn't... only joking... but seriously if I had only been running a few miles I would not have taken a back pack, a waist pack would have been suffice.

To be honest, and you're probably not going to like this - What did you want them to say? You bought a product that doesn't fit your body. Thats not there fault. If you still had the labels you could try taking it back to the store you bought it from.
    "That was the night everything changed"

They are aware of the problem as I have had an email back from them to say this and so I think that they need to raise awareness of the larger fit. If you buy something it should be fit for purpose. Most shoes are sold as male or female - why can't bags be designed for a smaller fit! I am not petite - I am fairly slim, but I think I am average female size. I would like to think that Inov-8 would take my feedback seriously and build it into future designs because more women are taking up fell running.

Quote Originally Posted by Biopup View Post
    Most shoes are sold as male or female .
    Not in fell running.
    The problem here should lie with the shop you purchased the bag from. They should have been able to advise you as to which bag would best fit a person of your size. You may be better looking at north face who do womens specific bags.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    Not in fell running.
    The problem here should lie with the shop you purchased the bag from. They should have been able to advise you as to which bag would best fit a person of your size. You may be better looking at north face who do womens specific bags.
    I agree with eavsy to a point, assuming Biop did not try different bags. However if inov did email saying they were aware of the problem there is a inherent fault with the design so she could have easily been misold it anyway. I notice Inov I is noticeably quiet on this given is self declared remit to offer advice and information, we get the why the products he promote are fantastic, lets have why this has possibly gone wrong.
    Last edited by Antisocial; 30-04-2010 at 05:48 AM.