Master

Re: Watering eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clash City Rocker View Post
    Thanks TT maybe the beret and moustache are not needed either
    LOL.....and the violin.
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by SEFTON View Post
    same happens to me, it's frustrating when you have to slow down.

Swimming googles
    Indeed it is as its the one part ofa race I have any chance of catching or even overtaking folk I will try the glasses option so if you see some old geezer wheezing away at the back looking oh so cool in shades dont laugh they are there for a reason other than vanity
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

Quote Originally Posted by Clash City Rocker View Post
    I have noticed over the last few months that the minute (literally) I start down a steep decent my eyes start to water
    It has been a bit chilly the last few months

I think most people get that when cold air is blow into the eyes, I've thought of using clear cycling glasses in winter but haven't got round to trying them yet.
    Bill

Lets hope that as we move into spring I can run down hill without it happening then.

It affects me all year maybe some people have more sensitive eyes

It definitely slows me down because I can't see where my feet are falling. And the downhill bits are my only hope of getting anything resembling speed !!

It affects me all year too, and I wear glasses, which may or may not have something to do with it...

Going to have a look at prescription cycling glasses this afternoon, will keep you posted on if it works or not...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

I get it too. Especially if it's cold and especially if it's downhill. Maybe it's the tipping of the head downwards and the tears collect in the lower lid, instead of running out of the side. It's a pain with contact lenses as they start to lift from the eye and the ground takes on a kaleidoscope effect. Just have to blink hard and often.

I think you'll find that everybody's eyes water when running downhill fast and/or into the wind. Its like Harry Rednap complaining about the Wembley pitch and forgetting to mention that its the same for your opponents too.

I think you'll find that briefly squinting your eyes shut gets rid of the water build up........... and closing your eyes while running downhill over broken boulder fields is perfectly safe, honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I think you'll find that everybody's eyes water when running downhill fast and/or into the wind. Its like Harry Rednap complaining about the Wembley pitch and forgetting to mention that its the same for your opponents too.

I think you'll find that briefly squinting your eyes shut gets rid of the water build up........... and closing your eyes while running downhill over broken boulder fields is perfectly safe, honest.
    As I said at the start I know others have this problem I am not complaining that its a disadvantage in a race situation its just that it didnt used to happen to me. I am sadly assuming that its got something to do with being 46 now and was wondering if anyone else had noticed it creeping on with the onset of age