View Poll Results: How often do you stretch?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • pre run

78 100.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How often do you stretch?

I only stretch with the ladies in my life
    I wont be (sh) long, dear.

Banned
    I was never a great stretcher before or after a run but now I factor in a 30 minute stretch in my gym session.
    I find it help full and most stretches have improved me overall.

I have become more mellow and wiser as I got older.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I never stretch just before running, ever, or afterwards either. But I do nowadays have a 5 minute exercise routine which I do every (workday) morning which includes 50 side to side ham string stretches and which has made a ludicrously big improvement to my hamstrings. I have a sedantry office and car based job and sometimes have 400+ mile journeys to make and, in the past, my hamstrings and buttocks, particularly on the right hand side for some reason, suffered from very real tightness and what I imagine to be sciatica like deep shooting pain. That has now gone completely
    Like you I have job sitting at the computer for most of the day and do a lot of driving, my right hamstring and gluts are alway tight, what are the stretches you do that have made such a big difference.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

every morning, mostly. boring and painful, but am able to walk!

Stretch every day, any time of day, need to as you get older and do core stability 3 times a week and use light weights(3kg) to tone upper body
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I never stretch just before running, ever, or afterwards either. But I do nowadays have a 5 minute exercise routine which I do every (workday) morning which includes 50 side to side ham string stretches and which has made a ludicrously big improvement to my hamstrings. I have a sedantry office and car based job and sometimes have 400+ mile journeys to make and, in the past, my hamstrings and buttocks, particularly on the right hand side for some reason, suffered from very real tightness and what I imagine to be sciatica like deep shooting pain. That has now gone completely
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Like you I have job sitting at the computer for most of the day and do a lot of driving, my right hamstring and gluts are alway tight, what are the stretches you do that have made such a big difference.

ATB

Tahr
    Stolly,

I'm in the same position and have been plagued with hamstring issues for over a year now. What are these stretches that you are doing? Sounds like they could do me the power of good.

Thank you.