I've never officially been diagnosed with hay fever (and when tested for asthma was as 'normal' as anyone could have been) but regularly experience slumps in form around this time of year which could indicate an intolernace to some kind of tree pollen. I say could as I don't know what else to put it down to. By slumps in form I mean poor performances (racing and training wise) due to breathing difficulties and general fatigue.

I know the difference between feeling bad due to being below full fitness as opposed to feeling bad due to something not being right (I'm a top 10 Championship runner at my best, before anyone tells me to train harder or that it must be all mental) and yes I've tried taking anti histamines.

Some years it's worse than others, twice I've failed to finish the Moel Eilio race in May due to asthma like syptoms grinding me to a stanstill and having to drop out and walk back, having wintered well and being well up in the race up till that point (!) after which symptoms subsided and I was back to my best again by July.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences similar problems and if they can offer any advice.