Thread: Welsh 1000m peaks race

Welsh 1000m peaks race

Hi,
    I am traveling to the Welsh 100m peaks race from SW London on Friday the 4th. Aiming to leave Surbiton at about 16:00, though that can be delayed a bit.

Anyone from this region traveling to the race? It is my first fell race so would be good to get some inside info before the start of the race!

Also, does anyone know of somewhere good (and cheap) to stay not far from the race start.

Cheers

Joe

Re: Welsh 1000m peaks race

You've chosen a demanding event for your first fell race! Take it easy on the first half.

Will do!

I take it that you would go up the M40 from London? I live in herefordshire just off the M5/M50 so not really on your way, but could be a possibility in some ways. I was going to go the more senic non motorway route through shropshire, I'm also going to the pasta evening on Friday night. Anyone who's interested I may have a one/two seats in my car up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
    Hi,
    I am traveling to the Welsh 100m peaks race from SW London on Friday the 4th. Aiming to leave Surbiton at about 16:00, though that can be delayed a bit.

Anyone from this region traveling to the race? It is my first fell race so would be good to get some inside info before the start of the race!

Also, does anyone know of somewhere good (and cheap) to stay not far from the race start.

Cheers

Joe
    Hello mate

I am in Llangollen and it would be amazing if you could pick me up en route. I know the area so can nav for you to the start.

Cheers

David

PS My number is: oh seven 8 two 8 132 428

You cannot really take it that easy because remember you are against the clock and must reach the A5 by the Fynnon Llygwy in the alloted time otherwise you will be asked to retire.

Really the 1000m Race is hardly your ideal first race for a first timer especially somebody living near London because navigation in poor weather here in Snowdonia only comes with experience.

I have to agree this is a gruelling race to have as your first fell race. Are you an experienced road runner and have you any hill/mountainwalking experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    I have to agree this is a gruelling race to have as your first fell race. Are you an experienced road runner and have you any hill/mountainwalking experience?
    His profile says he did his first ultra last year, so definitely an experienced runner!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    His profile says he did his first ultra last year, so definitely an experienced runner!
    Fair comment.