Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome Hill Race,Hollinsclough

Chrome Hill Fell Race

I know it's early days yet but does anyone know the date of this years Chrome Hill race as it's not in the handbook and I haven't found it on the web. Thanks.

Re: Chrome Hill Fell Race

Just wanted to bounce this one back up to the top of the pile as I know some of you won't have been using the forum when off work at Christmas & New Year.

Chrome Hill Today

Anyone on here do this this afternoon - I was intending but the logistics didn't quite work out...

I assume Lloyd's record is still intact with the wet conditions. Did Phil W run? What size field made it out to Hollinsclough?

Re: Chrome Hill Today

66 Runners made it - Lloyd won in about 29 mins. Phil W watched but didn't run (his wife ran). I had a great run (finished 5th - best in ages) - made very amusing by the 3 in front of me keeping going astray and me catching them up several times - there must have been a huge gap between Lloyd and second place! The wet only really troubled on the steep grass descent from the top (where I saw a fine bum-slide) but made the limestone slippery as ice. My kids bought a toy each for 10p from the fair which kept them amused until bedtime

Thanks Joe,

Sounds like you had a good run and a reasonable turnout for a miserable day.
    Must make better provision for next year...

Did Chrome Hill for first time, although know country well so didn't get lost in mist. One lady was out for a long time and they had to go and find her. Just shows that even in a 4 mile race, things can go wrong. Apart from that, a great little race in an enchanted corner of Olde England.

Very enjoyable little race and the wet and misty conditions made it slippery on the exposed rock at the top of Chrome Hill (which I found out used to be a coral reef!) and 'entertaining' coming down.* I trust they found the missing lady, as it was a relief that the person near to me at the top of Chrome Hill did actually know where they were going.

That was an 'interesting' 4 miler given the conditions. Lovely part of the world. Will go back to see what it looks like on a clearer day.

Results now posted on main site results list or from this link (if it works)

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results.../chrome08.html

I have only registered on here to apologise to everyone for causing all the worry on Saturday. With the visibility being poor before we reached Chrome Hill summit I lost site of everyone. Unfortunately I didn't see the tape going up onto the ridge and spent about 25 - 30 minutes wandering around trying to work out what to do. After going back down the hill I decided it was going to take me longer to go back to the beginning of the race than to go back up (where I could sit in the small cave if necessary), so started back up the hill where I met 2 walkers who told me I did need to go up onto the ridge. Unfortunately the tape which showed where to go was flat in the grass due to the wet, whereas on a fine day they would have been easier to see. Once I got up I ran across the ridge and then found some torn numbers so followed those and was met by a lot of my club members who ran in with me.

I normally run with my mobile phone, but had forgotten it (that won't happen again). I also new logically which way to go, but the ridge didn't look like the right option to me at the time. Being met by the guys from the club was great, but the cuddles from my 11 year old son at the finish were even more precious.

Once again a big thanks to everyone.

Chrome Hill

Does anyone know where the results are