Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome Hill Race,Hollinsclough

Chrome Hill Race,Hollinsclough

Anyone know if there is one this year?

Re: Chrome Hill Race,Hollinscl

I got told at castleton it's on - 26th june from the school. The reason it's not inthe calendar is that there was doubt over the school still being there (as a school). I sense a friday night tideswell / sat chrome hill double coming up

i'm assuming it's 2pm like previous years btw.

The school has only got a handful of pupils at the moment! Which is a shame cos it's in a lovely spot. This race used to be held in September along with the sheepdog trials but then the sheedog trials packed in after foot and mouth and it was moved to June to coincide with the school fete. If this is in danger of being the last Chrome Hill I'd better try to get on over!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    The school has only got a handful of pupils at the moment! Which is a shame cos it's in a lovely spot. This race used to be held in September along with the sheepdog trials but then the sheedog trials packed in after foot and mouth and it was moved to June to coincide with the school fete. If this is in danger of being the last Chrome Hill I'd better try to get on over!
    It was added to the Calendar just over a week ago http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=850

Quote Originally Posted by FRAFixtures View Post
    It was added to the Calendar just over a week ago http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=850
    Thanks Fixtures - as you know I used to organise this race and my records show that Simon Bailey broke Lloyd's record in 2003, he was chased by Dave Neill, Lloyd, Malcolm Fowler and Tim Austin in a very competitive race for a low key village event finishing in 27.47. I've mislaid the results for 2002 (anybody out there got a copy?) but Liz Batt did 33.28 in 1999.

Chrome Hill - lost property

Did anyone pick up my white baseball cap at this race on Saturday? I dropped it by the side of the road at the bottom of Chrome Hill and it had gone when I went back for it!

It's a great race (I do it every year) but had a low turnout this year due to it not being in the calendar with doubts about the school staying open (and thus there being no fete). The school's now staying open and so the race is definitely on next year, so I hope to see many more of you there :-)

Re: Chrome Hill - lost propert

How was it and who won? I would have come along but it was FIL's 85th. Must try next year seeing as I started it all in 1997 - I managed to run it in 2005 for the first time after I'd handed the organisation over so 2011 would be about right for a revisit!

Hi Martin,

Joe won!!!
    (then lost his hat, in a fit of exuberance!?!)

A Bakers Dozen (or so) did what has to be the best short race in the White Peak, numbers were way down due mainly to the uncertainty of the event as earlier in the year it seemed that the School might close, owing to a role of only 5….plus the nearby Whaley Waltz & plenty of other stuff on too…

Still, a really wonderful day over Chrome Hill, very very hot indeed, and almost totally dry, even through & across those very slutchy muddy meadows before the climb!!!

Next year I’ll be fit & pip Joe…
    For sure….well maybe.....

Will be great to see you back on the course too….!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Next year I’ll be fit & pip Joe…
    For sure….well maybe.....

Will be great to see you back on the course too….![/QUOTE]

Maybe I might pip you!