Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Zipvit energy & recovery

Re: Free Zipvit energy & recov

i have been using this for a while now and i used the energy drink on 3 peaks and i reckoned it definitely helped keep the cramps at bay.

cheers I waited a bit to see if it was a scam!! but I've ordered some now

sampled a few more things

Chocolate coated energy bar. tastes good and not hard to chew like a go bar
    recovery drink rapide chocolate flavour tastes great and may be the next purchase. Good mix of carb and 16grams of protein for after runs.

Which flavour drink do you use delmonte? the lemon flavour energy drink tastes rank to me really salty and bitter. Usually use lemon and lime SIS go which I think tastes good. Did what it was supposed to though energy wise. Taste is a personal choice I suppose. I'll try the fruit punch one and see what thats like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    sampled a few more things

Chocolate coated energy bar. tastes good and not hard to chew like a go bar
    recovery drink rapide chocolate flavour tastes great and may be the next purchase. Good mix of carb and 16grams of protein for after runs.

Which flavour drink do you use delmonte? the lemon flavour energy drink tastes rank to me really salty and bitter. Usually use lemon and lime SIS go which I think tastes good. Did what it was supposed to though energy wise. Taste is a personal choice I suppose. I'll try the fruit punch one and see what thats like
    i have got the lemon one and agree it does taste a bit salty but thats what i need for the cramp so feel it is doing me good.
    will try other flavours when this tub runs out

I got this 'freebie' through the post today and used it on a bike ride. I used the blackcurrant flavoured Gel, followed by the Fruitpunch Energy + drink. I have no idea if it was those that made me feel sick but I ended up feeling pretty good during the following threshold sesh. Nonetheless, not only did I throw up a little bit but I immediately developed a headache . It's a bit weird.

Anybody else have any effects?

I like the chocolate recovery drink though - very drinkable and it seems to work well. Still got a headache though.

Si

I attempted to drink the lemon energy drink before my race last Saturday. It was really difficult to drink....so so salty...especially for someone who doesn't add salt to anything! I thought I must have mixed it up wrong! Managed to drink half of it....did have a good run though!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Master

I have been using Zip Vit gels and energy drinks for about 18 mths now and yes the drinks do initially taste salty, but i found that you soon don`t notice it but what i have noticed is a complete lack of cramps, so as far as i am concerned they work.

the Gels are the best i have tasted as well and these also have the desired effect
    The older I get the Faster I was

Got mione late last week. Not tried the drinks or gels yet, but the strawberry and chocolate bar is the tastiest enery bar I've tried yet. The portein recovery bars are tasty too - not sure about helping recovery though...

The protein bar especially, and the energy bar were delicious....possibly the tastiest protein bar ever!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I have been using Zip Vit gels and energy drinks for about 18 mths now and yes the drinks do initially taste salty, but i found that you soon don`t notice it but what i have noticed is a complete lack of cramps, so as far as i am concerned they work.

the Gels are the best i have tasted as well and these also have the desired effect
    I used my on some big days over the weekend I I totally agree, in fact the shock of the "saltiness" nearly made me sick! Gels were superb though.