Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cressbrook or Mytholmroyd

Cressbrook or Mytholmroyd

Hi everyone,

Both of these are races are next weekend. Any info from fellow fell runners on these races so that I can decide which to do would be greatly appreciated.

I'm leaning towards Mytholmroyd because it's a big longer, but would be a 90min drive from home. Cressbrook is a bit closer for me. I'm also currently carrying a few injury niggles so any info on course terrain would be helpful too.

Thanks,
    Tom.

Re: Cressbrook or Mytholmroyd

Assuming you mean the Coiners race from mytholmroyd on Monday - info on Calder Valley website: http://www.cvfr.co.uk/Races/Coiners/Coinershome.htm

I've not run for 8 days now but may get there if hamstring behaves over next 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Assuming you mean the Coiners race from mytholmroyd on Monday - info on Calder Valley website: http://www.cvfr.co.uk/Races/Coiners/Coinershome.htm

I've not run for 8 days now but may get there if hamstring behaves over next 3 days.
    Thanks for the reply, but there is a 'Mytholmroyd' fell race on Sunday 9th May. AM 7m. In the FRA handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but there is a 'Mytholmroyd' fell race on Sunday 9th May. AM 7m. In the FRA handbook.
    Have a look here, hope it helps.
    http://www.halifaxharriers.co.uk/rac...royd-fell.html

My apologies - was thinking you meant this BH weekend especially as Mytholmroyd isn't on the FRA online calendar (organiser's wishes of course).

Its a good race the Mytholmroyd one. From what I remember its steep early climb up to moor, anti-clockwise direction around edge of moor on Calderdale Way, drop into valley, short section of road/track then steep steps back up to moor, across the moor then down past golf course to finish.

Sadly I cannot make it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    My apologies - was thinking you meant this BH weekend especially as Mytholmroyd isn't on the FRA online calendar (organiser's wishes of course).

Its a good race the Mytholmroyd one. From what I remember its steep early climb up to moor, anti-clockwise direction around edge of moor on Calderdale Way, drop into valley, short section of road/track then steep steps back up to moor, across the moor then down past golf course to finish.

Sadly I cannot make it this year.
    Thanks for the info - looks like I might be Halifax bound next Sunday!

Any good local pubs after the race

Shoulder of Mutton next to railway station is a good warm and flat local including sports telly, even if owner can be somehwat moody!
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

I haven't done the Mytholmroyd race but I have done the Wicken Hill whizz from there, much shorter but great terrain so I expect it's a corker.

Must admit I'm not a fan of Cressbrook. The last mile is up a steep road, not a great way to finish a race. Rest of it is good though.

Master and MR

I did Cressbrook and yes that last hill is mighty hard. A nice little race and another one ticked off that Ive never done before.
    Well organised and very well taped and marshalled. Its a lovely area of the Peak

Did Mytholmroyd today - cracking race with a killer first climb!

Unfortunately a group of us went wrong right near the end, so my time is crap!!!