Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Carneddau race

Re: Carneddau race - Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Well done Ross. A very tough call but it sounds like all that experience guided you well. Sunday was bad but Monday was lovely. Cathie and I went for a walk on Holy Island and the views back to Snowdonia and the Llyn were wonderful. That's life!

Please stop telling us how nice it was on Monday. There is only so much I can take:boohoo:

Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    Please stop telling us how nice it was on Monday. There is only so much I can take:boohoo:
    I had a wonderful amble from Ogwen over Y garn, Foel Goch and Carnedd y Filiast, weather was great on monday....

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Well done Ross. A very tough call but it sounds like all that experience guided you well. Sunday was bad but Monday was lovely. Cathie and I went for a walk on Holy Island and the views back to Snowdonia and the Llyn were wonderful. That's life!
    The strangest weather I ever saw was at the Foel Fras race, back in 09?

Sunshine at the start, then a storm rolled in just as we started, temps plummeted, it was pretty horrific, then sunshine at the end. It was horrific for 1:30 hrs, basically just for the race. I DNF'd taking a sneaky shortcut.. someone else ended up in Conwy Valley, someone else at Ogwen, and then an hour later we're all sat in the sun.. well apart from those who ended up miles away..

I think its the coldest I've ever been in a race, a good chunk of the field were in trouble due to the cold, people couldn't get jackets on.. people could have easily been killed, it was just so freaky how it rolled in at that precise time.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post

Sunshine at the start, then a storm rolled in just as we started, temps plummeted, it was pretty horrific, then sunshine at the end. It was horrific for 1:30 hrs, basically just for the race. I DNF'd taking a sneaky shortcut.. someone else ended up in Conwy Valley, someone else at Ogwen, and then an hour later we're all sat in the sun.. well apart from those who ended up miles away..

I think its the coldest I've ever been in a race, a good chunk of the field were in trouble due to the cold, people couldn't get jackets on.. people could have easily been killed, it was just so freaky how it rolled in at that precise time.
    And that was June as well wasn't it!

Too right Iain! Never been so cold and lesson learnt re skimping on clothing! That was an unreal day! Good to learn from experience though.

Is this race going to be on in 2013 ? I can't see any sign of it in the list of 2013 races.

Remember it well. I had a new GPS and, unusually, took it with me that day to a race just to figure it out (I bought it for my forthcoming winter BGR). Was very glad of it that day. It was very disorientating esp I thought I knew that area well. Running off wnion into the sun was surreal having been so damn cold.

Does anyone know whether the Carneddau race is on this year? Can't find it in the book and was just puttng our club summer league fixture together. Would be a real shame if it's not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Does anyone know whether the Carneddau race is on this year? Can't find it in the book and was just puttng our club summer league fixture together. Would be a real shame if it's not on.
    Already mentioned but in another thread.. Not on. I am told that the pub/race HQ is closed.

Can anyone tell me if the Carneddau race is being put on this year (2014)?

Would be a real shame if it wasn't run anymore.
    Will Meredith - Pennine