Thread: Rope on Broad Stand

Rope on Broad Stand

It's me again, asking for assistance. It would be a great help if someone could fix a rope on Broad Stand for our BGR attempt on 25/26th June, or perhaps we could share with another attempt.

We are starting the round at 6:00pm on Sat 25th in a clockwise direction on a 23hr schedule and expect to be at Broad Stand about 8:0am Sunday morning.

None of our team are climbers, so a rope is considered essential for a safe passage up the climb.
    Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Tikeltum.

Re: Rope on Broad Stand

Good luck with that. I know if ever the day comes that i do the Bgr i shall just have to learn to run faster as i don't like the idea of that much fresh air below me.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

I made a mistake with the dates/days. They should be Friday 25th and s
    Sat 26th June respectively, not Sat and Sun as quoted in my original post.
    Sorry about that, rushing to finish the post before the library closed in Arnside.
    Tikeltum

Good luck to you if you can find someone to help, but as discussed on the thread 'more BGR site updates' going via Foxes Tarn only adds 10 mins and IMHO if you and your team are less than confident on rock may be a better option. Certainly that is the way I intend to go on my attempt next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    Good luck to you if you can find someone to help, but as discussed on the thread 'more BGR site updates' going via Foxes Tarn only adds 10 mins and IMHO if you and your team are less than confident on rock may be a better option. Certainly that is the way I intend to go on my attempt next year.
    The other thing to consider is if you have three people to climb up Broadstand who are not happy/competant climbers/scramblers (plus Support?) this will easily add 10 minutes on. Best just to keep going round which ever route you take.

Thanks for the advice, but we have tried both Foxes Tarn and Lords Rake/Westwall Traverse , and both lose a lot of height from Mickledore, especially Foxes Tarn, and probably more than 10mins time. From my past BGR experiences, Broad Stand is my prefered route, if there's a rope it its wet and for pacers who may not be confident climbers.

Tikeltum