Thread: More BGR site updates

More BGR site updates

I've done some further work on the BGR schedule calculator - http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bgr_sch...calculator.php - you can now mix and match schedules. So, for example, you could aim for a 20hr schedule as far as Dunmail, then drop back to a 22hr schedule to Honister and a 23hr schedule to the finish. You don't have to specify all three schedules as the code will complete when it comes across the entry for Keswick Moot Hall. You can also make an adjustment to your time for the rocky sections (Halls Fell, Bowfell to Scafell and Great Gable) if you struggle on this sort of terrain.

If you've used the calculator recently, you'll need to reset your schedule as the underlying cookie has changed dramatically so it won't work with this version. It's just a case of re-entering your details.

This update also fixes a bug that appeared recently in the schedule estimator page that only affected users of Internet Explorer.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Re: More BGR site updates

Nice one Bob, improving an already great site.

I found that fatigue was already catered for nicely by the calculator for legs 4 & 5 as the times became much more generous compared to the work required for the later summits.

Have you thought about an adjustment to take into account the route from Scafell Pike to Scafell? I stuck to the schedule by going via Broad Stand but would have dropped time on the other routes.

Thanks again

Stu

The times for the later tops are adjusted for fatigue but this assumes that you aim for a single "pace" for the whole round. Some people aim to deliberately get ahead by around an hour or so by say Bowfell then drop back their speed so the fatigue factor would be calculated on a different schedule.

The Scafell Pike/Scafell idea could be done - no idea of the relative time difference though. Ten minutes?
    Bob

I have used your site for just about all the info needed to reccie 1,2,3 & 5 so far, its really very helpful. I print strip maps marked with your route and have changed a few area's to suit my needs (Doddick instead of hall fell). I don't do heights so used Foxes tarn but wouldn't like to guess a time as i made a big deal of it. As i have said before, its a great resource and the time you invest is much appreciated. Cheers

Some of the current attempts are going via foxes because of the old snow in Lords Rake. Would be interesting to grab the splits and see how much difference it is actually making. Emmilou this weekend and Nicky J could be the first examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    The Scafell Pike/Scafell idea could be done - no idea of the relative time difference though. Ten minutes?
    You'll know better after the 22nd.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    You'll know better after the 22nd.
    I'll know better after this weekend - I need to do a bit of recceing
    Bob

Foxes Tarn is about 10 mins more than Broad Stand but also nearly 200m more descent and ascent!!

Quote Originally Posted by GO2TW View Post
    Foxes Tarn is about 10 mins more than Broad Stand but also nearly 200m more descent and ascent!!
    200m sounds a lot of extra descent/reascent - Broad Stand is about mid height of the East Buttress and the traverse line is only around 50m lower than the foot of the buttress so I'd guess at around 70 - 80m.
    Bob