Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Pen-Y-Ghent race

Re: Pen-Y-Ghent race

Looking at the results, it looks like the Gt Bentley running? club had a pleasant stroll round. Did they know there were hills involved, rough ground, or marshalls waiting for them?

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Mark Roberts (course record holder) won the English and British counter on this course 10 years ago, beating the in-form John Brown. He ran 44.30 on a very hot day, so 42.54 was possible for him in perfect conditions.
    Never heard of him !!!
    Anyone can get fit, it's being hard that's the hard bit

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    So where was the crime L?
    Hoped to see you striding out today.
    Sorry. I flaked out in the car instead! :angry:
    Me 'racing' twice in two days would be extremely unusual..

U20s: As with Fairfield, a good turnout for the men, who are really battling it out for the title (currrently 6 runners within 3 points at the head of the table). Jack Ross had a fantastic run for 4th overall in 48:03, only 38 seconds behind Mark Addison. Disappointing turnout for the women, especially as this was the easy option over Fairfield. Updated tables on facebook and soon on fellrunner.

Gt Bentley: They may not have hills in Essex. TBH I've seen a lot worse from clubs that ought to know a lot better. I'm not the RO, but I think this is meant to be an accessible race, in good weather conditions, and HQed at an all-day gala field.

For those interested in the Penyghent race this year (3rd June), the route from the summit has been amended because of construction work on the path. It now takes the 3 Peaks descent route to the finger post, after which it's the usual free-for-all.

There's a map of the route on the Settle Harriers web site: http://www.settleharriers.org/PenyghentFellRace.php

The route off the top to the fingerpost looks better than the original. Certainly less rocky underfoot :-)
    Looking to do the race again this year. Then it's back home to put out the check point markers for the Pendle Cloughs race ready for the day after.
    See the light in the night