Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pen-Y-Ghent race

Re: Pen-y-Ghent

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and new to fell running.

The Pen-y-Ghent race was my first proper fell race, and would just like to say thanks to all who organised and competed in the event for making it so enjoyable.

Watching the forecast in the days before, and the conditions around Horton when I arrived earlier in the day I wondered what I'd let myself in for, but someone up there must have took pity on me as it felt not particularly unpleasant whilst up there, and made for great fun in striding out through boggy fields. I even ended up trying to race and keep someone behind me at a few points - I've never experienced that before.

I definitely think I could get hooked on this fell racing lark.

Cheers again folks, and maybe I'll see some of you at future events.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Compass View Post
    Good run Merry, I could tell you had the measure of me after Hull Pot, timed your run-in just right. Al were we talking about kit requirements at last weeks race,sorry I did not introduce myself and Del I remember the puddle but Merry was getting ready to pass me so don't remember anything or anyone at that point, good race and good value at only 6p a minute.
    Well i was with Pudgy and Merry before the race when we where talking about you doing saddleworth, merry doing duddon etc.

Just had a sudden remembrance thought....the flagging in the final mile or so is fantastic!
    Didnt have any issues of where i was going and you couldnt have asked for anymore.

I think i quite like that race.

Good job it wasn't a golf course. You'd still be there Al!

Do you think it's a bit early to start nagging for results??

I do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    Do you think it's a bit early to start nagging for results??

I do!!

Az zee nice Mr Cherman man szed......"Zee results vil be avaaaaailable in zee next few dayz"

Any time now i reakon.

i have a load of pics taken from that gate I was marshalling on my mobile. I have got them on my computer. just got to work out where to load them to as there are about 80 odd of them.
    No 39 looked like he had taken a bit of a tumble somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    i have a load of pics taken from that gate I was marshalling on my mobile. I have got them on my computer. just got to work out where to load them to as there are about 80 odd of them.
    No 39 looked like he had taken a bit of a tumble somewhere
    No 39. Young lad with purple vest? Yeah i went flying a little way ahead of my coming down the stoney path of PYG.
    At first i thought he had cramp and then saw him at the finish with his knee rather gushing with blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    No 39. Young lad with purple vest? Yeah i went flying a little way ahead of my coming down the stoney path of PYG.
    At first i thought he had cramp and then saw him at the finish with his knee rather gushing with blood.
    Both knees Al, and grazes down his chest, but still smiling, tough kid, had a word with him and he was in good spirits, bet the shower scene was worse than 'Psycho' though
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Both knees Al, and grazes down his chest, but still smiling, tough kid, had a word with him and he was in good spirits, bet the shower scene was worse than 'Psycho' though
    Ouch.
    Quite handy him falling though because i dont think id have passed him had he not fallen

I hope he just stayed in his shorts after the race.....i wouldnt have fancied having to peel my trousers off my knee.