Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Nice one Luke. Your voyage of enlightenment is interesting and uplifting.
    Einstein put his finger on the 'big' question when he taught us that matter is merely stored energy....i.e a transient form for universal energy. Our consciousness is not derived from our matter but is an expression of energy flows in our brain...which is where it hooks nicely into ideas of Zero Point field and quantum mechanics. Since I realised that for myself, I've never really been troubled again by the 'Big' question. Me, myself, I is merely a resting point for a tiny part of universal energy flow, like an eddy in a river. Here for now but soon gone and irrelevant. But we have evolved the capacity for enjoyment or misery and its up to us to accentuate the former and diminish the latter. Yup, mindfulness all over again!
    Stick at it!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned
    As my life picks up and medication is dropping i have realised one very important thing.

No matter how hard it is you have to try and remove the negative forces from your life.

It's taken over 3 years but with medical help and councillors plus tears and soul searching life is good. Like being in a hot air balloon when all the dead weight has been released. You start to rise again.

Thank-You to all the people who acknowledged and offered support on this Forum.

Really good to hear that Stagger.
    Take it steady, rise with control and fortitude...not too fast, not too slow.
    Forum and friends will always be there cheering on!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Really good to hear that Stagger.
    Take it steady, rise with control and fortitude...not too fast, not too slow.
    Forum and friends will always be there cheering on!
    I second that. Keep at it Stagger. :-)

Spiritual science

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Nice one Luke. Your voyage of enlightenment is interesting and uplifting.
    Einstein put his finger on the 'big' question when he taught us that matter is merely stored energy....i.e a transient form for universal energy. Our consciousness is not derived from our matter but is an expression of energy flows in our brain...which is where it hooks nicely into ideas of Zero Point field and quantum mechanics. Since I realised that for myself, I've never really been troubled again by the 'Big' question. Me, myself, I is merely a resting point for a tiny part of universal energy flow, like an eddy in a river. Here for now but soon gone and irrelevant. But we have evolved the capacity for enjoyment or misery and its up to us to accentuate the former and diminish the latter. Yup, mindfulness all over again!
    Stick at it!
    I'm just reading the recently published Spiritual Science by Steve Taylor a lecturer in transpersonal psychology at Leeds Met Uni. He's a lot of stuff to say on consciousness from a scientific rather than a self-help perspective which supports what you are saying here. Worth a read if you into that sort of thing.

Banned
    Exercise helps me, and my life around positive people is massive.

Hope you've turned the corner Luke.
    Thinking about you.

Seems that exercise AND a good diet both play a factor in improving depression.

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2013/...t-and-exercise

It has also been argued that depression is a human necessity, and that we learn the 'hard way' when we make mistakes in life, in order not to repeat them. Obviously for people with chronic depression, this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by calen View Post
    Seems that exercise AND a good diet both play a factor in improving depression.

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2013/...t-and-exercise

It has also been argued that depression is a human necessity, and that we learn the 'hard way' when we make mistakes in life, in order not to repeat them. Obviously for people with chronic depression, this is not the case.
    I would say, "Exercise, FRESH AIR and a healthy diet ................"

E.G. Running on a treadmill, indoors, cannot possibly be as good for one's psychological well-being as running across an open fellside?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    I would say, "Exercise, FRESH AIR and a healthy diet ................"

E.G. Running on a treadmill, indoors, cannot possibly be as good for one's psychological well-being as running across an open fellside?
    Not just fresh air, but contact with nature in general. That is why walking in woods and gardening are being used as therapies for people with mental illness.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    Royal Team Talk: Tackling Mental Health, BBC One, Sunday 22.30