Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Depression

Hi Stagger.

My best friend and his wife separated around 7 or 8 years ago. There were no other people involved but she didn't love him anymore and told him as much. He was offered the choice of staying in the relationship or leaving. She said she respected him as a father for their kids but could have no physical contact with him.

He decided he didn't want to live like that so he left. She has really done a number on him and with hindsight engineered a lot of the situation so it would reflect badly on him i.e. he was the one that left the matrimonial home, etc.

Anyway, he is hands down one of the most decent guys you could meet but she really screwed him - and still is. He is paying half her mortgage whilst working all the hours to take home around 20k a year whereas she has received a big promotion since their separation and is on over 60k a year. It doesn't cut any ice with the CSA or the legal people apparently.

I ask him how he doesn't get bitter and he says he does at times but he had to let it go as it was going to destroy him. He says it won't always be like that and he is still close to his kids. He's since met someone who is a much better match for him and is happy with her now although I know the position his ex-wife engineered for him still is hard to take.

Sorry if this seems patronising - it is the last thing I intend - but he had to let go of his bitterness towards her as it was dragging him down even though he was fully entitled to it, believe me.

Best of British to you matey

That's very similar to my situation.
    Fell out of love. (it happens)
    Split. (sad but true)
    Now she is trying to take me to the cleaners. (totally unreasonable and not fair)
    Also dragging it on to mess with my mental illness. (disgusting behaviour)

Next court is 18th Dec and hopefully that will bring closure and allow me to move on and rebuild my life.

PS Don't delete the truth DT
    People are being supportive and need to know the truth.
    A quote,

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall."

Thanks Granty, reading about others and listening to people on here helps.

Cheers to Mr P and Wheeze too.

Hopefully next year will be the start of my new life.
    A quote,

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall."

Good attitude Stagger. Look forwards not backwards. You cant change the past but you can shape the future. Keep a firm grip of that. What future do you want?

And if it helps, I dont think knowing the ins and outs of your personal situation would change the support we try to give. Its not material, honestly. So give the mods due credit for treading in fine line. There are legal obligations to running a forum and they must act within them.
    I am Kuno.