Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Re: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    Steve's right it can happen to anyone. I'm just coming through a pretty serious bout myself and been riddled with anxiety along with it. Being a psychiatric nurse I found it very hard to deal with and very frustrating that I couldn't sort myself out. Things were on the up until I had a head on crash today with my wife and baby in the car. We're ok but I'm back to being low, anxious and feeling all that comes along with it. This certainly ain't a matter for people to joke about, and it's a shame that a forumites can't show others resect when it comes to this horrible illness that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
    People I remember my post from earlier in the forum which came from the view of a professional, now I have the view from the other side. The one good thing that comes from this is I have a a true understanding of the other side, and that will hopefully enable me to help others better than I could before.
    Glad to hear everyone's ok after the crash eavesy, know all about that low, anxious feeling and never want to stand on that bridge again like i did a couple of years ago. Best Wishes to you mate
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Glad to hear everyone's ok after the crash eavesy, know all about that low, anxious feeling and never want to stand on that bridge again like i did a couple of years ago. Best Wishes to you mate
    Ta mate, and to you.
    "That was the night everything changed"

So tomorrow is the first day of my phased return to work after 3 months off. Feeling a lot better now, about 90% but I'm more than a little anxious about the return. How have other people gone on with this?

Eavesy, it is a courageous thing to bring such honesty to personal issues on this thread. Having just one person like you sharing their troubled experiences like this can help so many other people who don't post but just read.

I don't know you but I very very much hope that you cope well with work tomorrow, and the day after that and so on, knowing your happy family is behind you and supporting you, and believing that you can move forward yourself and and continue to help others in your important professional role. Best wishes to you and big respect for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    So tomorrow is the first day of my phased return to work after 3 months off. Feeling a lot better now, about 90% but I'm more than a little anxious about the return. How have other people gone on with this?
    Great news your feeling better mate, just take it steady and ease yourself back into it, Good Luck and Best Wishes

Steve
    Hills and Guinness!

Thanks for the support, I'll let you know how I get on. Hope I get to sleep at a reasonable hour!

Good luck. I always find a steady long run on a sunny day in beautiful surroundings is a great help.

Well home from work and it wasn't too bad. There's been a lot of changes and new staff since I've been away so it felt like the first day of a new job which was weird to say the least. Management were very supportive and only want me to ease myself in, which on one hand is good but also left me feeling like a spare part at times, though I know they have my best interests at heart.

Again thanks for your support :thumbup:

Nice one Eavesy. Glad it wasn't too bad.

Job's a good un eavesy, one day at a time mate:wink:
    Hills and Guinness!