Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Hey Stagger, love from Wales mate. It's so hard not to feel alone when you are struggling with the black dog. But good on you for sharing on t'forum. Talking about it and embracing it is the first step to healing this episode. You are NOT alone and we are all pulling for you.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

BOFRA's round the corner Stagger. Big family there. Pretty much weekly gathering/highlight till the Autumn. Seen you there many times. Said 'Hi' a few times in passing, as you do. Hopefully catch you at a few if I can keep injury free!

Do you have a GPS? Get onto Strava, you can log pretty much any activity and it's another aside. There's quite a bit of chat/banter to be had and there's plenty of soft segments to have a crack at. Discover for yourself.

Keith H.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Hey Stagger, love from Wales mate. It's so hard not to feel alone when you are struggling with the black dog. But good on you for sharing on t'forum. Talking about it and embracing it is the first step to healing this episode. You are NOT alone and we are all pulling for you.
    I would echo what Wheeze said, especially the last sentence. I had an episode of depression more than 30 years ago, but I still remember how horrible it was.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    It's Depression Awareness Week: http://www.depressionalliance.org/ge...ness-week-2016 -- although I wasn't aware of the week until someone mentioned it on the radio this morning.

It is a long time since I have posted but, reading this thread one of you may be able to help. Feel free to direct to a different thread if I have missed it but does anybody have any experience/knowledge of paranoia linked to depression? I'll admit to no knowledge or personal experience up to this point but now have a need to know more. By paranoia I don't mean the usual fear of the Inland Revenue but a lifestyle changing belief that people and the system really are trying to undermine you.

Super Moderator
    Maybe its the down-side of having too many on-line personalities JW?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Maybe its the down-side of having too many on-line personalities JW?
    Hey - are you trying to get to him?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Sadly, it was a very genuine enquiry and a topic which appears to have received very little specific attention. I am more that happy to take whatever 'flak' you may wish to fire my way but if you do have any information or know of any resources that might help then please don't keep them to yourselves.

Master
    I found this MOOC fascinating - it is coming up again soon:

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/...and-well-being

Banned
    Mum is on her last legs and they have stopped administering drugs and are just making her comfortable.
    The end is ni.
    At piece soon mum, love you.