Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Super Moderator
    Aye, thoughts with you Leaf. Hope your session helps. My guess is it will
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Banned
    Anyone any positives on divorce?
    Struggling to get it in my head.

Postives on divorce? er... no.... it's awful. Like having your arm pulled off - without anaesthetic - and then you keep wondering why you can't hold a knife and fork any more.

Not what you want to hear, I'm sure, but that's my experience. Others, no doubt, will be more helpful. Although, perhaps, my contribution might also be helpful in that, as awful as it was (and it was), I survived. I'm still here. and I even manage to run sometimes.

To all those who've offered kind words of support about my psych assessment yesterday - thank you. It's surprisingly helpful to know you were thinking of me and wishing me well - perhaps it made me feel not quite as much that I'm doing this all on my own.

So how did it go? OK, I guess. I managed to answer most questions. My brain 'froze' and refused to think in a few instances - self-protection, I suppose, but the psychologist took pity on me and backed off to safer ground, so to speak. So I got through it and said more than I thought I would or could and I didn't cry - result!

The not so good thing, however, is that we didn't get through all the requisite questions, so I've got to go back and - due to the introduction of new computer systems and then Christmas - it won't be until January, which feels a long time to have it hanging over me.

Also, there's no guarantee that they'll offer me any help at the end of it and - even if they do - apparently there's another long wait before that would happen.

I felt emotionally battered and bruised after the appointment, which is why I didn't post here sooner.

And on top of it all, I fear that I am just being a wasteful drain on over-stretched NHS resources.

If you've read this far, then thanks for 'listening'.

Banned
    Your feelings are normal after a session as it's brought a lot of emotions out of you.

Well done you leaf, first step towards sorting out some of your stuff.

Oh, crying is allowed and there is nowt wrong with it.

Well done LEAF, you've grasped the nettle:- acknowledged your situation and that you need help and you have taken the first step towards recovery.

Having worked with your ex, I know something of the betrayal and turmoil that he put you through. You deserve all of our support and empathy.

If a non-judgemental, "listening ear" would help? Don't be afraid to PM.

Ian.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Just to mention - I am a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working in the Peak District under the NHS.
    There should be free to access Talking Therapy (such as CBT/counselling) throughout the UK. Waiting times will vary no doubt.
    If anyone would like advice on accessing any of these services please feel free to message me and I'll try to help out.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Banned
    Good shout Sasquatch.

Do you do brain transplants, Sasquatch? Reckon that's what I need.

Banned
    Well well well, I went out for a run this morning. First since 29th Aug. Only 2.5m on road very steady, but it is a start. Legs and lung's know about it.
    I need to get out of the divorce and over weight cycle.
    Hopefully getting out running again might just help.