Thread: public image

public image

i ve just secured two tickets for the worlds greatest band at leeds 02 on the 23 july.
    bring it on uncle jonny, i wont be shy in front of the boys.
    Marxist Leninism is a weapon of the workers

Re: public image

You could be wrong,You could be right about P.I.L. being one of the best bands. John Lydon is a legend even though he has made a **** of himself a few times. Did you ever see his series on Discovery Kids i think it was called John Lydons Megabugs all about creepy crawlies. I just love the fact that an ageing punk godfather is educating the kids.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    You could be wrong,You could be right about P.I.L. being one of the best bands. John Lydon is a legend even though he has made a **** of himself a few times. Did you ever see his series on Discovery Kids i think it was called John Lydons Megabugs all about creepy crawlies. I just love the fact that an ageing punk godfather is educating the kids.
    an 50 year old bloke who walks around in bright orange or pink slacks has to be the one true god

There is something sad about aging punk bands reforming to cash in on big tours. I've only ever seen one band that pulled it off and that was Gorilla Biscuits. Saw the Misfits, though how they have the cheek to call themselves that is beyond me a few years back and it was terrible.. I also find some of the things that Lydon has associated himself with over the years simply ridiculous - How the mighty have fallen!

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    There is something sad about aging punk bands reforming to cash in on big tours. I've only ever seen one band that pulled it off and that was Gorilla Biscuits. Saw the Misfits, though how they have the cheek to call themselves that is beyond me a few years back and it was terrible.. I also find some of the things that Lydon has associated himself with over the years simply ridiculous - How the mighty have fallen!

Up until last year I would have agreed with you eavesy but having witnessed what I believe to be the greatest comeback ever by The Specials i'm not so sure now.

I never thought I’d get to see The Specials play live again, but after thirty years apart, not only were they back but they were absolutely astonishing. Even though all the band members are in their fifties the pace of their shows was frenetic, to be honest they were the fastest pace show I have ever witnessed.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

uncle jonny was absolutely fantastic last year at Leeds. a few pints and a mosh with all the other balding 45+ males, bring it on.