Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Prizes

Prizes

On Sat i had the pleasure of watching the prize giving at Duddon as i did the short (usually all have gone home before i finish race)
    And i noticed that quite a few got more than one prize, i think the winner Mr Booth got two prizes, and am sure others got more than one prize? would it not be better to hand out prizes to people finishing lower down?
    No doubt people will slate me for this but just my view why does one person need more than one prize:confused
    Going to try again....

Re: Prizes

Quite a few races do give spot prizes and 1 runner 1 prize is fairly normal apart from an individual prize + perhaps team prize. All up to the RO really, Woodentops races are a bit of a prize bonanza!

In some races, if a V40 has won the race for example they will only get the prize for winning and as they've already had a prize they cant collect their V40 prize and its handed down to next in line.
    This happened to me last tuesday. I was 4th so missed out on the prizes, but the guy who came third was a V40 and so could only have his prize for being 3rd and I got his V40 prize.

Other races havent followed that and ive seen a V50 collect the V40's prize as well.

What dya reckon the lower down finishers should 'do' to get a prize Amex? Last, 2nd to last and 3rd to last? Random Spot-prizes are a good shout as well.
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 07-06-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: ADY BEAT ME TOO IT - SOD IT I'LL LEAVE IT.

Personally i've got no bones with it, not for say '1st overall' + '1st Vetx' and such like. It's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    In some races, if a V40 has won the race for example they will only get the prize for winning and as they've already had a prize they cant collect their V40 prize and its handed down to next in line.
    This happened to me last tuesday. I was 4th so missed out on the prizes, but the guy who came third was a V40 and so could only have his prize for being 3rd and I got his V40 prize.

Other races havent followed that and ive seen a V50 collect the V40's prize as well.

What dya reckon the lower down finishers should 'do' to get a prize Amex? Last, 2nd to last and 3rd to last? Random Spot-prizes are a good shout as well.
    That's a new one on me Al - its usually the next in line in the age class that gets that prize not the next overall position.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    That's a new one on me Al - its usually the next in line in the age class that gets that prize not the next overall position.
    I thought that. Am I a bad man for accepting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Personally i've got no bones with it, not for say '1st overall' + '1st Vetx' and such like. It's the way the cookie crumbles.
    It will never effect me but a winner could get 3 or more prizes, 1st, V40, V50, Team,
    Al-bitch if they had a handicap system i would need i new mantelpiece, for example Duddon i would have set off Friday :-)
    Going to try again....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    I thought that. Am I a bad man for accepting it.
    Yes. Drink it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    It will never effect me but a winner could get 3 or more prizes, 1st, V40, V50, Team,
    Al-bitch if they had a handicap system i would need i new mantelpiece, for example Duddon i would have set off Friday :-)
    Well, no more than two vet prizes really. 1st overall, 1st V40, 1st Team would be a cracking day out but i've always accepted that the talented will be blessed with prizes. What's in those envelopes anyway? Cash, cheque, voucher...£15, £30, £50?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Well, no more than two vet prizes really. 1st overall, 1st V40, 1st Team would be a cracking day out but i've always accepted that the talented will be blessed with prizes. What's in those envelopes anyway? Cash, cheque, voucher...£15, £30, £50?
    Anni Waltz, Glaramara gave out Pete Bland vouchers, and Paddys Pole gave sweatshop.
    I won a bottle of horrid wine at Thieveley Pike last year.